Anope IRC Services

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: UnrealIRCd v4.0.17 + Anope 2.0.1 -- Mysterious issues, details inside.  (Read 3256 times)

Andrew Blake

• Anope User

Hello everyone! I've been running into this problem, and I'm pretty confused as to what's causing it  ???
I've compiled Anope's latest stable source, as well as the most recent stable release of unrealircd. I've configured my ircd as follows:

Code: [Select]
link services.mynetwork.me {
        incoming {
                mask 127.0.0.1;
        };
        outgoing {
                bind-ip 127.0.0.1;
                hostname 127.0.0.1;
                port *;
                options { };
        };
        password "my_omitted_password";
        class servers;
};

ulines {
 services.mynetwork.me;
};

When I run ./anoperc start, the following is outputted, suggesting that the services have started successfully. Using my client I connect to my server, and run
/oper <nick> <password> Which throws me into #opers and gives me the expected netadmin permissions. I try to /msg ChanServ, and I'm told that the nickname doesn't exist. This suggests that anope isn't actually running, which I confirm with the following:

$ ./anoperc status
Anope is not currently running

Following advice I read online, I try ./services -debug -nofork, which reveals that anope is segfaulting:
https://pastebin.com/kNC3hfc0

Any help with this would be greatly appreciated. Thanks you very much Anope Developers and community. If you need any other information, just let me know.  :)

Adam

• Team

I recommend upgrading to 2.0.6.

Andrew Blake

• Anope User

Thanks for the prompt response. I'll try that and report back with results.

Andrew Blake

• Anope User

Yep, as it turns out my Anope installation was actually outdated. Using the unreal4 module, everything works fine.
Thanks a bunch!
Pages: [1]   Go Up