Anope IRC Services

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Nickserv Access List - *!*@*  (Read 5079 times)

John

• Anope User
    • IRCSpeed - The Network with a Difference
Nickserv Access List - *!*@*
« on: February 26, 2013, 06:12:50 AM »

Hi Guy's,

I'm trying to find a way, or module that will disallow user's adding the *!*@* mask to their access lists on NickServ.

Currently, a /chanserv aop #channel add *!*@* - will return; -ChanServ- Channel AOP lists may only contain registered nicknames.
And, Akicks also return; -ChanServ- Permission denied.

Surely adding *!*@* to NickServ is extremely bad, so I would have thought it would have already been fixed/modded. Some people are silly, we need to protect them from themselves. I'd personally be grateful to anyone who could assist with this issue.

Adam

• Team
Re: Nickserv Access List - *!*@*
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2013, 06:14:13 AM »

*!*@* wouldn't actually work though because access list entries are only matched against user@host.

katsklaw

• Supporter
  • Anope User
Re: Nickserv Access List - *!*@*
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2013, 07:53:19 AM »

Actually    its the users prerogative to allow *@* on their  access list. It's not as "unsafe" as it initially appears. Having *@* on your access is the exact same as turning the kill option off and nothing more. Addresses on the access list gain nothing except are not "guested" and allowed to continue to use the registered nickname. Services access is granted only upon a successful IDENTIFY regardless of the access list entries.
Pages: [1]   Go Up