Anope IRC Services

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: on-join Module request plz  (Read 3741 times)

ukd4v1d

on-join Module request plz
« on: March 01, 2007, 04:18:26 PM »

I've had a brief look through the forum and an extensive look through the modules, but what i'm looking for is a module that will kill users with a specific message if they do not join any channels after 30 seconds of connecting to the server.

Any help would greatly be appreciated

Thanks

hockingradio

(No subject)
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2007, 09:18:44 AM »

just go into your irc confid and add auto-join "#help"; the part i have mine added contains this
   modes-on-connect "+xw";
       modes-on-join "+C";
       auto-join "#help";
its near the bottom where the k-line and g-line address is

katsklaw

(No subject)
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2007, 12:11:27 PM »

Originally posted by hockingradio
just go into your irc confid and add auto-join "#help"; the part i have mine added contains this
   modes-on-connect "+xw";
       modes-on-join "+C";
       auto-join "#help";
its near the bottom where the k-line and g-line address is

This is NOT a solution ukd4v1d requested. This forces users to join a channel on connect, which is a bad thing to do, you will run off alot of users because users in general do not like it when they are forced to do something they don't want to do and it doesn't matter what your reason for the forced join, they will still leave.

The request was a module that killed the user for not joining a channel within x minutes .. this is something else that will likely force users to chat elsewhere.

Any action you take as a staff member, especially an automated action, that removes the freedoms a user can enjoy on other networks will make it so the user will stay on other networks and never return to yours. My suggestion is to not use either feature.

This is for a few reasons:

1> users are humans and they enjoy making up their own mind as to when and when they chat.
2> users that like to idle in 0 channels are NOT always bots .. not even half the time and this method of "detecting" bots is wrong most of the time.

Jobe

• Contributor
    • Anope IRC Services
(No subject)
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2007, 02:17:32 PM »

To add to katsklaw's statement about detecting bots by users not in channels, there is not way to detect all bots.

There are a lot of bots out there that can appear to be regular users even almost chatting sometimes (more advanced bots). Also you cant rely on CTCP Version responses because if a bot wants to hide it can simply change its reply to that of a regular IRC client.
Your IP: ()
My IRC Status:

Come along and visit http://www.anopequotes.org/
Pages: [1]   Go Up