Anope IRC Services

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Request: ns autoop  (Read 6846 times)

royteeuwen

Request: ns autoop
« on: November 03, 2006, 11:25:11 PM »

Hello,

I would like to request a module, at the moment there is /ns set autoop on/off. But i would like to have if possible a module that you can do /ns set autoop voice/halfop/op/admin, so that people can choose what thing they get when they enter a channel. And if possible, can it be made for access levels, and not for xOP, if you like yourself you can always put xOP with it too of course ;), so that when you enter a channel it looks if you have the required access level and gives you voice/halfop/op/admin instead of your regular level.
Thank you

[bewerken aan 3-11-2006 door royteeuwen]

owine

• Anope User
(No subject)
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2006, 11:42:26 PM »

i personally dont see the point of this module. i dont see the point of having the /ns set autoop option anyway. if youre in the access list, theres a reason and you should receive the privledges accordingly.

royteeuwen

(No subject)
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2006, 11:44:37 PM »

not really, because if you dont want the privilege, then you cant do anything against it, it aint always a privilege. It can also be a very anoying thing

royteeuwen

(No subject)
« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2006, 04:51:25 PM »

No one? :\, I would try it myself, but never worked with databases yet

SNU

• Anope User
    • http://www.firstclassirc.com
(No subject)
« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2006, 04:59:33 PM »

Hey I also would like to have such a module.
The sense: With example: /ns set autoop op it should mean you get from chanserv/botserv AUTOMATICALLY the maximum level OP. if you're not in the accesslist being op you will get the next lower status... halfop voice...

The sense:
If I am the owner of a channel I don't want to show it always. I don't want to get "owner"-status if I have autoop on and I also don't want to get no status and manually set myself op.

thank ypou If someone wants to do this :D

royteeuwen

(No subject)
« Reply #5 on: November 28, 2006, 06:44:42 PM »

Thanks SNU, i think the same about it :), its very handy

Jobe

• Contributor
    • Anope IRC Services
(No subject)
« Reply #6 on: November 29, 2006, 12:19:47 PM »

I wouldnt mind seeing this as either a module or core feature to be honest. There are times when you just dont want to be opped in any channel or perhaps still want to be givern voice.

Say for example in a moderated channe (+m), currently with autoop set to off you dont even get voice and so are then unable to speak in the channel. With the level based autoop you would still be able to get voice and so still be able to speak.
Your IP: ()
My IRC Status:

Come along and visit http://www.anopequotes.org/

SNU

• Anope User
    • http://www.firstclassirc.com
(No subject)
« Reply #7 on: November 29, 2006, 08:35:22 PM »

I have also an alternative Idea: /ns autoop levelled
What I mean: Although If I am the owner of a Channel I might give me in that channel "/cs access #chan add me 10" and so I always will get the Level I set.

But Jobe what you mean can be done by setting the levels. read /cs help levels ;) set level autovoice to zero so every registered user gets autovoice :D also /cs voice #chan user will work :D

royteeuwen

(No subject)
« Reply #8 on: November 30, 2006, 06:13:15 PM »

yes snu, but this would give every enterying person voice, and we wouldnt want that :), thats why this module is very handy if someone wuld try :)

Jobe

• Contributor
    • Anope IRC Services
(No subject)
« Reply #9 on: November 30, 2006, 08:51:28 PM »

Originally posted by SNU
I have also an alternative Idea: /ns autoop levelled
What I mean: Although If I am the owner of a Channel I might give me in that channel "/cs access #chan add me 10" and so I always will get the Level I set.

But Jobe what you mean can be done by setting the levels. read /cs help levels ;) set level autovoice to zero so every registered user gets autovoice :D also /cs voice #chan user will work :D

What i was refering to was in the situation where you ahve say for example set the AUTOVOICE level to 0 or -1 (depending on whether you want non-registered nicks to get voiced to) At present if you set AutoOp to off you dont get voiced/half opped/opped/protected opped/ownered no matter what the level settings are.
Your IP: ()
My IRC Status:

Come along and visit http://www.anopequotes.org/
Pages: [1]   Go Up