Anope IRC Services

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Levels - "Disable" and "Founder only"  (Read 8409 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Aristeo

  • Anope User
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 10
Levels - "Disable" and "Founder only"
« on: August 30, 2007, 08:27:23 PM »

I think would be neat if ChanServ had a feature that let you fully disable a command, instead of just disabling it to everyone except the channel founder.
Logged

Jan Milants

  • Team
  • *
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1372
(No subject)
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2007, 08:49:07 PM »

You can disable a command by unloading the commands' module, or not loading it at start up at all to start with. This does disable the command globally and for all channels...
Logged
If you like me donate coins to 1FBmZVT4J8WAUMHKqpWhgNVj3XXnRN1cCk :)

Aristeo

  • Anope User
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 10
(No subject)
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2007, 09:31:36 PM »

I meant from the channel founder's perspective. For example, let's say that the founder did not want anyone, including himself, to automatically gain op-status. If he disabled auto-op through ChanServ's LEVELS command, the channel founder would still automatically receive op status when entering the channel.

I would like for there to be a way for a channel founder to not only disable commands or auto-statuses from other users, but from himself as well.
Logged

katsklaw

  • Guest
(No subject)
« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2007, 12:56:27 AM »

autop is a nickserv function, see: /nickserv help set autoop, if the founder sets this off, they won't be auto-opped.
Logged

Aristeo

  • Anope User
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 10
(No subject)
« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2007, 04:08:47 AM »

Quote
Originally posted by katsklaw
autop is a nickserv function, see: /nickserv help set autoop, if the founder sets this off, they won't be auto-opped.

What if the founder only wants to set this for one channel, and not all of the channels he's an op in?
Logged

katsklaw

  • Guest
(No subject)
« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2007, 08:54:21 PM »

Quote
Originally posted by Aristeo
Quote
Originally posted by katsklaw
autop is a nickserv function, see: /nickserv help set autoop, if the founder sets this off, they won't be auto-opped.

What if the founder only wants to set this for one channel, and not all of the channels he's an op in?


That's not currently possible and well within the realm of client scripting I suggest said founder write an autoop script for their client.

Services is not a catch-all program designed to take of the slack for lazy users ... sorry.
Logged

Aristeo

  • Anope User
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 10
(No subject)
« Reply #6 on: October 08, 2007, 09:09:57 PM »

Quote
Originally posted by katsklaw
That's not currently possible and well within the realm of client scripting I suggest said founder write an autoop script for their client.

I strongly disagree, it's seems very possible. Instead of sending "MODE #channel +oq Founder Founder" to the server when the founder joins the channel -- you don't send it.
Logged

Jan Milants

  • Team
  • *
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1372
(No subject)
« Reply #7 on: October 08, 2007, 09:36:32 PM »

sure...  but the entire levels system has to be modified so levels can be disabled for founder as well. And since many people - incl myself - don't want levels to be disabled for founder, it has to be an option and not simply a change to the default behaviour. So while you "don't send it" is correct, there is nothing simple about it: the levels system has to be modified to add the feature...

and for the record, anope is under a feature freeze untill the new stable branch 1.8 is released. :)
Logged
If you like me donate coins to 1FBmZVT4J8WAUMHKqpWhgNVj3XXnRN1cCk :)

Aristeo

  • Anope User
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 10
(No subject)
« Reply #8 on: October 08, 2007, 09:49:21 PM »

Quote
Originally posted by Viper
sure...  but the entire levels system has to be modified so levels can be disabled for founder as well. And since many people - incl myself - don't want levels to be disabled for founder, it has to be an option and not simply a change to the default behaviour. So while you "don't send it" is correct, there is nothing simple about it: the levels system has to be modified to add the feature...

and for the record, anope is under a feature freeze untill the new stable branch 1.8 is released. :)


That makes sense, okay then, thanks anyway :)
Logged

katsklaw

  • Guest
(No subject)
« Reply #9 on: October 08, 2007, 10:11:14 PM »

Not to mention that it would take either a database change or yet another database to handle this. It's honestly FAR more easy for clients to handle their own auto-ops, infact .. several of them already do and even more already have such scripts.
Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up