Anope IRC Services

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: [Module Request] *!*@* XOP Type System.  (Read 4782 times)

Tom65789

• Anope User
    • www.t65789.co.uk
[Module Request] *!*@* XOP Type System.
« on: March 17, 2006, 10:57:03 PM »

yes i know im gonna get "but why" for this but what the heck lol. The ability to add *!*@* addresses to the XOP (not bothered about the other ones as we use the XOP). Reasons for this, the other admins on our network keep bugging me about it and its something they want. Not all users want to register on the network but some people want to add them as AOP or SOP in the channels but cant so if they could add hosts of users. We should be up for commissioning for this to be made.

[Edited on 17-3-2006 by Tom65789]

[Edited on 18-3-2006 by Tom65789]

Jan Milants

• Team
(No subject)
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2006, 10:58:36 AM »

services are all about registered users etc, that s just the thing it s about imo... the thing you are asking for can be easily done by a simple eggdrop bot.
Adding people just based on a simple host is asking for trouble. this would be extremely easy to fool and prolly result in loads of takeovers.
in any case i don't even think a module can do this since the access system is part of anope's core. maybe a new command can be added to add hosts to a seperate access list....
If you like me donate coins to 1FBmZVT4J8WAUMHKqpWhgNVj3XXnRN1cCk :)

Tom65789

• Anope User
    • www.t65789.co.uk
(No subject)
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2006, 11:14:50 AM »

for people who register channels have to be registered. its just for the XOP system. but i like your idea to make a sperate db for channels, only to add +o or +ao. And maybe just put a little note on the HELP (command) - for the users - saying something like:

*** Please Note, Using the XOP System is more secure and is recommended.

[Edited on 18-3-2006 by Tom65789]
Pages: [1]   Go Up