Anope IRC Services

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: NSEmailReg  (Read 3282 times)

Mao

NSEmailReg
« on: July 30, 2006, 10:33:12 AM »

Hello,
i'm the admin of a growing irc-network and we had several problems with lost passwords in the past. so we have decided to use the email verification. But i tested this first at my local ircd and found 2 problems.

1. User which have already registered doesnt need to verify their emailadresses. is there anyway to force them to verify their emails, too? Of course the time until the nick get dropped because it isnt not verified should be longer than one day.. for example bei irc.insiderz.de i*ve seen that they had such a function which say to the user that he now needs a verified email adress, if he wanted to change his adress he was able to and then he gets a verification email.

2. If a already confirmed user changed its email there was no verification again.. Is there a way that hes only able to change its adress if he can confirm the new one, else the old one is reestablished?

i hope you can help me,
Mao

PS: Excuse my baaad english :D

katsklaw

(No subject)
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2006, 01:55:20 PM »

After you have email verification enabled, you can use the /nickserv resend command on the nicks in question. This must be done manually for each person, there is no automated script to do it for you. If you have a user that does not have a valid email address associated with their NickServ account they will need to set one.

Using this module, http://www.anope.org/modules/ns_setemailverify.c ,will force users to verify the new email address with another confirm command.

Mao

(No subject)
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2006, 09:39:12 PM »

nice nice, this module is exactly what ive been looking for..

but the resend command
a) doesent work on my anope (1.7.13) and
b) isnt exactly what i want.. if possible, i would prefer to have 1 month in which also nicks without verification can be used so everybody have enough time to change its email..
Pages: [1]   Go Up