Anope IRC Services

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: [BotServ] Core fantasy commands  (Read 3669 times)

n00bie

• Anope User
[BotServ] Core fantasy commands
« on: July 13, 2006, 05:27:14 PM »

I have a BotServ bot assigned on a channel and fantasy mode turned on. When i do !deop the bot deoped me. And when we type again !deop it deops  me again even if i am already deop. This is same with !voice etc.

So, my suggestion is to check whether the user who issued the command is already deopped/devoiced/dehalfop and if the condition is true on !deop the bot will not deop him again and again. Thanks and i hope you understand my english :D
I am always doing things that which I cannot do, in order that I may learn how to do it.

katsklaw

(No subject)
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2006, 11:23:54 PM »

This has been brought up a few times on other boards .. namely Bahamut's forum. The reason this happens is because it takes more resources to do the check to see if the mode is already set and then set them accordingly than it is to just set the mode. This is a resource saving feature and by adding the check you would be adding work to services.

n00bie

• Anope User
(No subject)
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2006, 09:54:46 AM »

It is ok with the default settings. Only lame Operators will do !deop !deop !deop !deop ;)
I am always doing things that which I cannot do, in order that I may learn how to do it.

Jobe

• Contributor
    • Anope IRC Services
(No subject)
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2006, 11:57:22 AM »

Personally i dont see the need to check. Unsetting the mode even if it is already unset causes no harm so why change anything.
Your IP: ()
My IRC Status:

Come along and visit http://www.anopequotes.org/
Pages: [1]   Go Up