Anope IRC Services

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Anope 1.7.14 migrating from .db to SQL  (Read 7684 times)

LandRocket

Anope 1.7.14 migrating from .db to SQL
« on: June 14, 2006, 11:12:29 PM »

Hi there,

I have Anope 1.7.14 on a test server running the UseRDB system for database storage.  I also have Anope 1.7.13 on a live system which is using .db files for database storage.

My question is this - what exactly is the procedure to migrate the records from .db storage over to SQL?

Many thanks in advance

LandRocket

katsklaw

(No subject)
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2006, 11:39:08 PM »

edit the mysql section in the services.conf ... as an identified oper with Services Admin access or higher type: /msg operserv set sql on

then type: /msg operserv update

This assumes you have mysql installed, running and services is compiled to use it.

NOTE: Anope doesn't use mysql in a live environment, it writes to sql on update and can load from sql only, meaning the FFF databases will still be your live db's!

Dave Robson

• Team
(No subject)
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2006, 06:46:31 AM »

Anope dosnt use flat file or mysql as "live" db's, it loads them all into memory and uses that.

That is why you cant modify the mysql, or the db's at runtime and have anope see the changes auto-magically.

hnorbi

(No subject)
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2006, 08:17:42 AM »

I was configured mysql section in the conf. And when I type "/msg operserv set sql on", i receive an error: "unknow setting sql"... Why?

Thx

Charles Kingsley

• Contributor
(No subject)
« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2006, 09:04:39 AM »

Looks like MySQL Support isnt compiled in.

LandRocket

SQL migration
« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2006, 10:38:36 AM »

Many thanks...

I'm not too worried about the fact that Anope doesn't perform realtime queries against the RDB; I'm just after having our services data in a central place.

Thank you for the information I needed, and thanks to the Anope team for developing this wonderful piece of kit.

LR

hnorbi

(No subject)
« Reply #6 on: June 21, 2006, 08:40:34 PM »

Nice!

I finished migrating, but i have some questions:
* When I change a data (like password) in mysql, the syncing overwrite it
* When I create an user in the mysql_table, the syncing drop it

Why?

Thx

Dave Robson

• Team
(No subject)
« Reply #7 on: June 21, 2006, 09:18:51 PM »

Originally posted by Rob
Anope dosnt use flat file or mysql as "live" db's, it loads them all into memory and uses that.

That is why you cant modify the mysql, or the db's at runtime and have anope see the changes auto-magically.

Dags400

(No subject)
« Reply #8 on: July 19, 2006, 04:42:04 PM »

I think he's saying shut down services make the mod in mysql then run services again, or reload the database maybe?

katsklaw

(No subject)
« Reply #9 on: July 19, 2006, 10:24:27 PM »

hnorbi,

Anope is still in Phase 2, which means it does not read from it's sql databases, it only writes to them. Any changes to the sql tables from the web or any other source will be overwritten when services saves to it's databases(default is every 5 minutes). You will need to wait for Phase 3 to use the sql databases in a live environment before Anope will natively interact with changes made to the sql database by external sources.
Pages: [1]   Go Up