Anope IRC Services

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Blocking [GM] Characters in nickserv  (Read 3046 times)

timothy allen

• Anope User
Blocking [GM] Characters in nickserv
« on: September 20, 2011, 12:50:11 AM »

Hi everyone
I am running Anope 1.8.7.3083
I am wondering if there is a way to block any user who is not an op from adding "[GM]" into their nick.
I have looked through the commands available in nameserv and can not find a solution to fit my needs.
Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Tim

Jan Milants

• Team
Re: Blocking [GM] Characters in nickserv
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2011, 08:15:24 AM »

If you are looking in nameserv you're asking in the wrong place.. we only have a nickserv...

And preventing the use of characters or a string in a nick would be an IRCd function, not an anope one.. most ircd's have ban nick blocks or QLINE blocks in their conf.. if you do want to use anope, there is the OperServ SQLINE command which just exposes the ircd's functionality through anope...

Note though that none of those will allow exemptions for channel ops... that completely illogical given that channel access is something entirely different from server/network access and which nick a user has does not vary from channel to channel thus is linked to the server, not to the channel.. First problem for exempting ops would be "ops on which channel..???".
The best you can do to prevent someone from using [GM] in their nick on a given channel would be to ban *[GM]* and give ops exempts, invitations or have them use chanserv invite.

In any case banning nicks globally cannot be done based on channel access.. you can SQLINE *[GM]* but that would affect all users - except opers maybe..
« Last Edit: September 20, 2011, 08:25:48 AM by Jan Milants »
If you like me donate coins to 1FBmZVT4J8WAUMHKqpWhgNVj3XXnRN1cCk :)
Pages: [1]   Go Up