Anope IRC Services

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Unable to start service [New install]  (Read 5596 times)

Brian

• Anope User
Unable to start service [New install]
« on: March 19, 2011, 10:46:03 PM »

Hello,

Any clue what's stoppng me from starting my services? This is the return result I got when I tried ./service

Code: [Select]
./services: /libexec/ld-elf.so.1: bad ELF interpreter: No such file or directory

Any help would be much appreciated :)

Charles Kingsley

• Contributor
Re: Unable to start service [New install]
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2011, 08:43:00 AM »

This is normally due to one of two things:

1) You've moved the installation without recompiling between 32bit/64bit kit
2) You don't have any elfutils installed

I'd be leaning against 1) for the moment.

Tell us more about what you've done, talk us through the steps you've taken to get anope working and on which kit/OS.

Brian

• Anope User
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2011, 10:05:22 AM »

Hello Charles,

Thanks for your response, and yes I agree with you as I guess no 1 should be the cause of it. I'm on a dedi box linux /apache v2.2.1x.

And most importantly, this is actually my first time doing this stuff - however I managed to get passed the installing of unrealIRCD stage but now I'm stuck on the anope service side. I've been working more than 10 hours figuring out the main cause of it and a fix of course. But I'm just out of luck.

Would you mind me PM you the login details and let you have a look at it? Your help would be much appreciated.

Many thanks in advance.

katsklaw

• Supporter
  • Anope User
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2011, 10:51:53 AM »

Just recompile the source. Download and untar, cd to the source directory,  run ./Config, answer the simple questions, type make then make install.

Having others do it for you teaches you nothing but to be dependent on others.

Brian

• Anope User
« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2011, 11:23:16 AM »

Hello,

Which part of my sentence telling you that I was requesting for help to install it for me? I was simply asking if possible take a look deep look into my file as and pinpoint out whats the main cause of it. And also, I stated very clearly that I did exactly what I'm supposed to do and actually the was on the finishing line. Last step to be exact. Which is ./service

katsklaw

• Supporter
  • Anope User
« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2011, 08:05:27 PM »

Hello,

Which part of my sentence telling you that I was requesting for help to install it for me? I was simply asking if possible take a look deep look into my file as and pinpoint out whats the main cause of it. And also, I stated very clearly that I did exactly what I'm supposed to do and actually the was on the finishing line. Last step to be exact. Which is ./service

I understand you completely and no you didn't say you did all the steps you said you was working on it for 10 hours and it's your first attempt.

"And most importantly, this is actually my first time doing this stuff - however I managed to get passed the installing of unrealIRCD stage but now I'm stuck on the anope service side. I've been working more than 10 hours figuring out the main cause of it and a fix of course. But I'm just out of luck. "

Perhaps you can humor me and tell me step by step from the very beginning of what you did.

Charles Kingsley

• Contributor
« Reply #6 on: March 20, 2011, 08:47:39 PM »

Sorted on IRC with Brian.

Quite odd, running ./services was claiming it couldn't find the services.conf or logfile; suspect it was wrongly compiled (options wise).

Had it recompiled from source and it worked fine.

All sorted.

« Last Edit: March 20, 2011, 08:56:02 PM by Charles Kingsley »
Pages: [1]   Go Up