Anope IRC Services

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Wierd ChanServ Problem  (Read 2753 times)

JC^

Wierd ChanServ Problem
« on: May 23, 2007, 05:48:50 AM »

Alright folks, I think I have a doozy for ya. I am currently using the latest version of Anope with the latest version of Unreal on a *NIX Box (from a provider). No 3rd Party modules installed.

When "OperA" goes into a room that "OperB" has created. SecureOps is NOT set. With no one in the room AND "OperA" is NOT on the access list, ChanServ takes away his @ when he join the channel. I'm told this is normal because he's not on the access list.

HOWEVER... When he requests an @ either via a script (like mIRC) or using "/mode # +oq" he SHOULD be able to get it since he's an Oper and has Oper-ed up. And the access list shouldn't matter. Here is what the debug showed when I made the request for the @:

Code: [Select]
[May 23 00:27:28.966617 2007] debug: Setting +q on #Ageplay for Dorian
[May 23 00:27:28.966635 2007] debug: Setting +o on #Ageplay for Dorian
[May 23 00:27:28.966661 2007] debug: Setting correct user modes for Dorian on #Ageplay (current status: 9, not giving modes)
[May 23 00:27:28.966737 2007] debug: Sent: :ChanServ MODE #Ageplay -qo Dorian Dorian
[May 23 00:27:28.966760 2007] debug: Setting correct user modes for Dorian on #Ageplay (current status: 0, not giving modes)

Here is the INFO ALL on the channel cuz I know you're going to ask me for it:

Code: [Select]
ChanServ-Information for channel #Ageplay:
ChanServ-Founder: JC^
ChanServ-Description: The Ageplay room.
ChanServ-Registered: May 22 23:41:29 2007 EDT
ChanServ-Last used: May 22 23:43:47 2007 EDT
ChanServ-Ban type: 2
ChanServ-Options: Topic Retention, Peace, Secure, Secure Founder, Signed kicks, xOP lists system
ChanServ-Mode lock: +nrt
ChanServ-Expires on: Jun 22 23:43:47 2007 EDT

Again, Secure Ops is NOT set, yet it seems its acting that way. It acts like this for all rooms, even ones that are newly created. Can someone help me please?

[Edited on 22-5-2007 by JC^]

[Edited on 22-5-2007 by JC^]

master2004134

• Anope User
    • http://www.master2004134.net
(No subject)
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2007, 08:34:27 AM »

Try turning off Peace. That might be the problem :)

Jobe

• Contributor
    • Anope IRC Services
(No subject)
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2007, 02:16:39 PM »

It wont be the peace setting.
-ChanServ- Syntax: SET channel PEACE {ON | OFF}
-ChanServ-  
-ChanServ- Enables or disables the peace option for a channel.
-ChanServ- When peace is set, an user won't be able to kick,
-ChanServ- ban or remove a channel status of an user that has
-ChanServ- a level superior or equal to his via ChanServ commands.

Also, after a little experiment, when the channel is empty and an oper overrides to op him/her self in the channel ChanServ removes the modes, when there are other users in the channel ChanServ wont.

And the following statement, in my opinion is both a poor and rediculous assumption.
HOWEVER... When he requests an @ either via a script (like mIRC) or using "/mode # +oq" he SHOULD be able to get it since he's an Oper and has Oper-ed up.

Being an oper doesnt give you that right, and never will. Being an oper isnt an excuse to be able to do anything but the tasks required to run the server. Running the server excludes moderating channels to an extent.

[Edited on 27-5-2007 by Jobe1986]
Your IP: ()
My IRC Status:

Come along and visit http://www.anopequotes.org/
Pages: [1]   Go Up