Anope IRC Services

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Anope + unrealircd local channels bug  (Read 5081 times)

sYgiL

Anope + unrealircd local channels bug
« on: January 15, 2007, 08:24:17 AM »

On unrealircd server we have ability to create channels with server mask, such as #channel:*myserver that allows only users from *myserver to join this channel.
Anope services allows to register such channels and to work with access list, but I can't get any access level from ChanServ, and It doesn't ban or kick anybody from this channel.
Sorry, if this problem was discussed before.

[Èçìåíåíî 15-1-2007 ... sYgiL]

Pieter Bootsma

• Team
    • http://geniusdex.net/
(No subject)
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2007, 08:55:55 AM »

What an awful syntax for local channels.... I can see how it goes wrong there: any other ircd i know either has no local channels (they're a bitch to manage and keep control of), or when they do they use a seperate channel prefix (& instead of #). Anope only checks for the channel prefix to see if a channel is registerable.

I do wonder why you can register this channel with Anope tho; it implies Anope sees that at least someone is on that channel, but yet it doesn't op, ban, etc. anyone on there. If Anope even sees someone on that local channel, it's not even a pure local channel...

sYgiL

(No subject)
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2007, 11:37:13 AM »

So, anope doesn't support channel with such masks?

Jan Milants

• Team
(No subject)
« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2007, 11:45:51 AM »

anope doesn't support local channels, the fact that you were able to register it would probably be a bug...
If you like me donate coins to 1FBmZVT4J8WAUMHKqpWhgNVj3XXnRN1cCk :)

Jobe

• Contributor
    • Anope IRC Services
(No subject)
« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2007, 11:49:18 AM »

Local channels by definition should only be seen by the server to which the user who joined the local channel is connect to. Meaning Anope cannot see local channels and as such wont be able to allow registering.

The format for local channels you have described is strictly speaking NOT a local channel.
Your IP: ()
My IRC Status:

Come along and visit http://www.anopequotes.org/

sYgiL

(No subject)
« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2007, 11:56:25 AM »

It's not a local channel, it's a channel with mask.
If mask is *, users from any server may join the channel. If mask is *bynets.org, just users from server1.bynets.org and server2.bynets.org may join..

Jan Milants

• Team
(No subject)
« Reply #6 on: January 15, 2007, 12:10:44 PM »

in that case i m not sure whether it s a good thing to support them... from what you r saying it seems as if this could cause problems with botserv bots, unless they would be able to override that since they come from a u-lined server...

[Edited on 15-1-2007 by Viper]
If you like me donate coins to 1FBmZVT4J8WAUMHKqpWhgNVj3XXnRN1cCk :)

Jobe

• Contributor
    • Anope IRC Services
(No subject)
« Reply #7 on: January 15, 2007, 12:40:06 PM »

Personally, due to the restrictions imposed on channel masks i think Anope should disallow them (basically any channel with a ":" in)

Simple reason being is as Viper thinks and as from what i know i know would be the case there would be services related problems with the channel.
Your IP: ()
My IRC Status:

Come along and visit http://www.anopequotes.org/

Pieter Bootsma

• Team
    • http://geniusdex.net/
(No subject)
« Reply #8 on: January 15, 2007, 01:03:13 PM »

We can't just block any channel with a ":" in it.. other ircd's do allow them as regular channels (bahamut does, i just tested)
Pages: [1]   Go Up