Anope IRC Services

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Add Services Admin  (Read 6912 times)

Mario

• Anope User
Add Services Admin
« on: October 18, 2009, 01:26:28 PM »

Hi,

I read that you have changed the way services admin/opers etc. are added in this release.
I can't seem to find how to add them via OperServ though. I can add them fine via the config file.
Is there a way to add them online though? I see no help command from operserv on how to do this...

- Mario

Naram Qashat

• Team
    • CBX's Sprite Animations
Re: Add Services Admin
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2009, 06:51:37 PM »

You don't add them through OperServ anymore, you add them directly to the configuration.  Look for opertypes.

Mario

• Anope User
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2009, 01:23:17 AM »

Ahh good to know... I couldn't see any documentation that confirmed what you said but I figured as much.
May want to add some in the example.conf. Is there going to be the ability to add services opers in any future 1.9.x release with operserv??

Naram Qashat

• Team
« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2009, 01:57:03 AM »

There are some examples in example.conf already.  As for adding them through OperServ in future 1.9.x releases, maybe it might be possible after 1.9.2 when we change the DB format and have an easier way to handle it.  You'd still have to define opertypes, I'm thinking, but opers might be able to be added to the DBs.

Mario

• Anope User
« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2009, 12:02:09 PM »

Yeah I know that there are examples in the example.conf.
I mean mentioning that it has changed to this way in 1.9.x. Although I may have missed it but couldn't read it in the release notes.

Naram Qashat

• Team
« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2009, 12:18:30 PM »

We have been a little lax on documenting changes between 1.9.x releases, but it is the developmental branch, and unlike 1.7.x towards the end of it's life, it's not going to suddenly be deemed "stable" before actually being deemed as such.  We are using 1.9.x to transition over to C++ as well as change many things both internally and externally.
Pages: [1]   Go Up