Anope IRC Services

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: I am french and cannot come up with a good topic :)  (Read 3869 times)

k9

• Anope User
I am french and cannot come up with a good topic :)
« on: December 28, 2011, 01:59:44 PM »

Hi :

i whould like to change language to French . i make it in nickserv.conf by defaut

/*
    * Default language that non- and newly-registered nicks will receive messages in.
    * Leave empty to default to English.
    */
   defaultlanguage = "fr_FR"

/*

but there is subsit in english ...

When i whant to make cmd in unreal :

nickserv -> "set language fr_FR"
(15:09) ««« [ Notice ] NickServ  Votre langue est maintenant le Français:

nickserv -> "help"
(15:09) ««« [ Notice ] NickServ  NickServ allows you to "register" a nickname and
(15:09) ««« [ Notice ] NickServ  prevent others from using it. The following
(15:09) ««« [ Notice ] NickServ  commands allow for registration and maintenance of
(15:09) ««« [ Notice ] NickServ  nicknames; to use them, type /msg NickServ command.
(15:09) ««« [ Notice ] NickServ  For more information on a specific command, type
(15:09) ««« [ Notice ] NickServ  /msg NickServ HELP command.
(15:09) ««« [ Notice ] NickServ
(15:09) ««« [ Notice ] NickServ  ACCESS Modify the list of authorized addresses
(15:09) ««« [ Notice ] NickServ  AJOIN Manage your auto join list
(15:09) ««« [ Notice ] NickServ  ALIST List channels you have access on
(15:09) ««« [ Notice ] NickServ  CONFIRM Confirm an auth code
(15:09) ««« [ Notice ] NickServ  DROP Cancel the registration of a nickname
(15:09) ««« [ Notice ] NickServ  GETEMAIL Matches and returns all users that registered using given email
(15:09) ««« [ Notice ] NickServ  GHOST Disconnects a "ghost" IRC session using your nick
(15:09) ««« [ Notice ] NickServ  GLIST Lists all nicknames in your group
(15:09) ««« [ Notice ] NickServ  GROUP Join a group
(15:09) ««« [ Notice ] NickServ  HELP Displays this list and give information about commands
(15:09) ««« [ Notice ] NickServ  ID Identify yourself with your password
(15:09) ««« [ Notice ] NickServ  IDENTIFY Identify yourself with your password
(15:09) ««« [ Notice ] NickServ  INFO Displays information about a given nickname
(15:09) ««« [ Notice ] NickServ  LIST List all registered nicknames that match a given pattern
(15:09) ««« [ Notice ] NickServ  LOGOUT Reverses the effect of the IDENTIFY command
(15:09) ««« [ Notice ] NickServ  RECOVER Kill another user who has taken your nick
(15:09) ««« [ Notice ] NickServ  REGISTER Register a nickname
(15:09) ««« [ Notice ] NickServ  RELEASE Regain custody of your nick after RECOVER
(15:09) ««« [ Notice ] NickServ  RESETPASS Helps you reset lost passwords
(15:09) ««« [ Notice ] NickServ  SASET Set SET-options on another nickname
(15:09) ««« [ Notice ] NickServ  SENDPASS Forgot your password? Try this
(15:09) ««« [ Notice ] NickServ  SET Set options, including kill protection
(15:09) ««« [ Notice ] NickServ  STATUS Returns the owner status of the given nickname
(15:09) ««« [ Notice ] NickServ  SUSPEND Suspend a given nick
(15:09) ««« [ Notice ] NickServ  UNGROUP Remove a nick from a group
(15:09) ««« [ Notice ] NickServ  UNSUSPEND Unsuspend a given nick
(15:09) ««« [ Notice ] NickServ  UPDATE Updates your current status, i.e. it checks for new memos
(15:09) ««« [ Notice ] NickServ  Les pseudos qui ne sont plus utilisés sont sujets Å•
(15:09) ««« [ Notice ] NickServ  l'expiration automatique, c'est-Å•-dire qu'ils seront effacés
(15:09) ««« [ Notice ] NickServ  aprčs 21 jours de non utilisation.
(15:09) ««« [ Notice ] NickServ
(15:09) ««« [ Notice ] NickServ  NOTICE: This service is intended to provide a way for
(15:09) ««« [ Notice ] NickServ  IRC users to ensure their identity is not compromised.
(15:09) ««« [ Notice ] NickServ  It is NOT intended to facilitate "stealing" of
(15:09) ««« [ Notice ] NickServ  nicknames or other malicious actions. Abuse of NickServ
(15:09) ««« [ Notice ] NickServ  will result in, at minimum, loss of the abused
(15:09) ««« [ Notice ] NickServ  nickname(s).

So, where is problem? i make anope whith gid, make& make install ok , i have all files in /services/ but... not in french .

k9

Jan Milants

• Team
Re: I am french and cannot come up with a good topic :)
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2011, 02:16:47 PM »

as you can see in what you have pasted there is a little bit of French there so the language is being set correctly..

the "problem" here is that the french language file for 1.9 has not been updated yet and likely dates back to 1.8.. as a result many of the french language strings are marked as 'fuzzy' which means they may no longer be actual and aren't used by anope.. and if a string isn't translated (or in this case the translation is marked as fuzzy) anope will fall back to sending the english language version instead.

so basically someone has to go over the entire french language file to update it.. currently the french language file for 1.9 isn't maintained by anyone - same for most language files in 1.9..  ::)

Edit: and next time, don't double post in an unrelated thread - and if you do at least think of a better topic.. bump the original one if really needed..
If you like me donate coins to 1FBmZVT4J8WAUMHKqpWhgNVj3XXnRN1cCk :)

k9

• Anope User
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2011, 02:49:48 PM »

thks, and ok but i post on another topic because noone whant to speak about this .

ok i will test to take 1.9.2 language and make whith 1.9.5. have a happy new year !

Charles Kingsley

• Contributor
« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2011, 02:51:04 PM »

I would not do that, it will explode.

Pages: [1]   Go Up