Anope IRC Services

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: OperServ - Access Denied  (Read 6723 times)

tovaanu

• Anope User
OperServ - Access Denied
« on: October 19, 2008, 02:12:12 AM »

ive tried solving this issue from A-Z But still not working

attached is my services.conf files if anyone spots an error pls help.

im using Unreal IRC if u need unrealircd.conf i'll behappy to attach

SNU

• Anope User
    • http://www.firstclassirc.com
Re: OperServ - Access Denied
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2008, 02:49:00 AM »

First important thing:
You have NOT completely configured your services well. There are many misconfigurations. E.G your ulined Servers Setting and your mail settings....

Take a look on Line 1349 in your configuration file. Read the comments that are written to this Option above. They will make clear why you possibly aren't able to use operserv. The second is, you also misconfigured it. THis option you only can enable or disable, there is no need for Arguments _._
I guess you just disable this option and cry "yay", but I _really_ recommend to enable this option! And take the time to set you services up well. Your users will thank you and you will have more fun. Otherwise there are so many kiddy hackers that will knock your irc out. So also change your passwords into more secure ones than "services" oO (hopefully this is just masked by you).
Really: Take the time and set up your ircd to be secure and "lovely" :D

deiks

• Anope User
  • Shizle my nizle
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2008, 10:31:20 AM »

Also.

To get access to OperServ:

1. Make sure you are listed on the ServicesRoot config directive in services.conf.
2. Make sure you have restarted Anope after changing the ServicesRoot value.
3. On IRC you must be identified to a ServicesRoot nick via NickServ.
4. You must be an Global IRC Operator.

katsklaw

« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2008, 12:20:24 PM »

First important thing:
You have NOT completely configured your services well. There are many misconfigurations. E.G your ulined Servers Setting and your mail settings....

Take a look on Line 1349 in your configuration file. Read the comments that are written to this Option above. They will make clear why you possibly aren't able to use operserv. The second is, you also misconfigured it. THis option you only can enable or disable, there is no need for Arguments _._
I guess you just disable this option and cry "yay", but I _really_ recommend to enable this option! And take the time to set you services up well. Your users will thank you and you will have more fun. Otherwise there are so many kiddy hackers that will knock your irc out. So also change your passwords into more secure ones than "services" oO (hopefully this is just masked by you).
Really: Take the time and set up your ircd to be secure and "lovely" :D

1> uline configurations in services.conf have nothing to do with OperServ access.
2> OSOpersOnly only matters if the user is not opered, which 99.99% of the time when this question is asked, they are.
3> OSOpersOnly doesn't make Anope more or less secure against "kiddy hackers". All this setting does is say whether Services Agents need to be opered as well as identified to a nick on the services access list. Yes, having it on makes 1 more security check, but in no way does it open services wide open if it's off. "Knocking your IRC out" can be done far easier outside IRC than from inside.
4> You never actaully answered this users question. All you did was voiced your opinion about 2 settings and 1 of those is irrelevant to this thread.

The REAL answer is:

1> you must be identified to a nick listed in the appropriate list. ie you need to be root to use /os set
2> IF OsOpersOnly is on, you must be a global oper.

You can check your status with /os staff. Your nick at the time of command usage *must* have a * next to it to use that level and belows commands. If the nick you are currently using is listed but no *, then you are not identified. If you are on the ADMN list, you will still get access denied when trying to use ROOT level commands. If you do not see ROOT next to your nick and you are listed in ServicesRoot in services.conf, restart Anope.

tovaanu

• Anope User
Re: OperServ - Access Denied *FIXED*
« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2008, 10:44:47 AM »

Fixed =)
Pages: [1]   Go Up