Anope IRC Services

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Disable command whit services  (Read 5265 times)

MhZ91

Disable command whit services
« on: August 28, 2007, 03:53:27 AM »

Hello, I need know how to block the command with services.
Example:
I try command /map , and the services return the message "Access Denied"
Thanks  ;)

heinz

(No subject)
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2007, 03:59:09 AM »

Services cannot block commands on your IRCd. You'd need to do that with an IRCd module or hack.

Moving to general discussion as this isn't Anope related.

katsklaw

(No subject)
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2007, 12:49:16 PM »

I'm rather dissapointed at the number of IRC Admins that don't know simple IRC basics and confuse ircd abilities and services abilities. IRC Admins are supposed to be IRC experts BEFORE becoming an admin, not after. :(

The fastest way to tell which application is in control is this:

If what you type starts with a / (slash) but is not not aimed at Nick/Chan/Memo/Oper/Host/BotServ using the ircd defined aliases like /ns, /cs .. or even /nickserv,/chanserv etc .. then it is either a client command or an ircd command.

Basicly stated is that if you don't type: /ns, /nickserv or /msg nickserv or any other services bot, then it's an ircd or client command.

Examples:

/nickserv help <-- The command /nickserv is an ircd command, but it is aimed at NickServ.
/map <-- This is an ircd command, notice it doesn't say anything at all about any Services bot?
/hop <-- this can be either a client command or an ircd command, in mIRC it does the same as /cycle in other clients. Some IRCd's also uses /hop.

If you have any question about is a command is client or ircd, just type: /quote in front of the command. This sends the command directly to the ircd bypassing the client, if the ircd returns unknown command, but it works without using /quote, then it's a client command.

Any other questions about what is a cleitn, ircd or services command feel free to PM me and I will make you an expert at it.

Lets take this  abit further, ANYTIME you use a /cmd it goes to the client to be processed, if it's a client command, the client reacts. If it's not a client command, the client passes the command to the ircd where the ircd processes it. This happens in 1 or 3 ways:

1> the command is unknown.
2> the command is passed to the target, in the event it's a cmd such as /msg or a remote /whois
3> the ircd replies to the user directly

In the event that its a #2 type command and Services is the target, like with: /msg nickserv help THEN services is involved. Otherwise it's 100% outside Services control.

[Edited on 28-8-2007 by katsklaw]
Pages: [1]   Go Up