Anope IRC Services

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Problems with /oper <nick> <pass>  (Read 4270 times)

Rick Mend

• Anope User
Problems with /oper <nick> <pass>
« on: May 09, 2011, 12:26:39 AM »

I have at least two users (who both have oper blocks in bahamut's ircd.conf) who, when they type /oper <nick> <pass>, it *kills services completely.*

I'm running bahamut 1.8.9 and Anope 1.8.5; a recent upgrade from an old Dreamforge / ircservices configuration.  I'm wondering if something got lost in translation.  Regrettably, I was in too much of a hurry to make notes, as is my usual practice.

Instead of taking a "shotgun approach" of posting .conf's, please tell me what you would like to see.

Thanks, and Be Well!

Rick

katsklaw

• Supporter
  • Anope User
Re: Problems with /oper <nick> <pass>
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2011, 01:01:06 AM »

There isn't anything in either config file that will cause/prevent services form crashing upon oper. You need to review your logs, check for a core file .. if there is a core do a full backtrace.

Other than that, all we can do is shrug our shoulders as we haven't any useful information.

To be technical, it's: /oper username password. The oper username has nothing to do with your nick and doesn't even need to match any nick. Nick BobSmith can type: /oper smitty mysupersecretuberpass if the oper block is thus configured.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2011, 01:03:28 AM by katsklaw »

Rick Mend

• Anope User
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2011, 04:44:25 AM »

Thanks, katsclaw.

I don't understand your differentiation between a 'nick' and a 'username.'

The oper block in ircd.conf for this particular user is:

oper {
    name "Malgor";
    host "*@*";
    passwd ".NxQPRCmIc8Yo";
    access O;
    class "5";
};

while:

>nickserv< info malgor all
-NickServ- Malgor is David
-NickServ-    Is online from: Malgor@12.201.196.194
-NickServ-   Time registered: Mar 15 00:44:37 2011 CDT
-NickServ- Last quit message: Quit:
-NickServ-    E-mail address: malgor@aol.com
-NickServ-           Options: Security, Auto-op
-NickServ- Expires on: Jun 07 21:35:52 2011 CDT

Are you telling me that he should /oper as 'david?'  From where is the 'username' derived?

You're doubtless more astute in these matters than I, and I appreciate the assistance of more astute persons.

Thanks, and Be Well
Rick

katsklaw

• Supporter
  • Anope User
« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2011, 05:14:33 AM »

No, I'm not saying that. Most networks use the persons nick as they oper username, nothing wrong there. I was just pointing out an unrelated fact. I'm sorry if that confused you. The difference in nick vs username is just semantics.

As I stated, there isn't anything in the config files of either Bahamut or Anope that will cause services to crash on oper or at least there shouldn't be. As a mater of fact, be sure you aren't using the hub type of SERVICE_HUB as it's not friendly with Anope, but I doubt that's the issue. The focus here is on the logs and backtrace please. The output of /os modlist will help too.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2011, 05:17:56 AM by katsklaw »

Rick Mend

• Anope User
« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2011, 06:56:34 AM »

katsclaw,

Thanks for your reply!

>operserv< modlist
-OperServ- Current Module list:
-OperServ- Module: bahamut [$Id: bahamut.c 2807 2010-03-11 22:59:43Z Adam- $] [Protocol]
-OperServ- Module: cs_appendtopic [$Id: cs_appendtopic.c 2752 2010-01-11 19:22:52Z pimpmylinux $] [Supported]
-OperServ- Module: cs_enforce [$Id: cs_enforce.c 2752 2010-01-11 19:22:52Z pimpmylinux $] [Supported]
-OperServ- Module: enc_none [$Id: enc_none.c 2752 2010-01-11 19:22:52Z pimpmylinux $] [Encryption]
-OperServ- Module: hs_request [$Id: hs_request.c 2810 2010-03-13 20:46:24Z Adam- $] [Supported]
-OperServ- Module: ns_maxemail [$Id: ns_maxemail.c 2752 2010-01-11 19:22:52Z pimpmylinux $] [Supported]
-OperServ- Module: os_ignore_db [$Id: os_ignore_db.c 2752 2010-01-11 19:22:52Z pimpmylinux $] [Supported]
-OperServ- Module: os_info [$Id: os_info.c 2816 2010-03-16 05:52:05Z Adam- $] [Supported]
-OperServ- 8 Modules loaded.

Also, snotices in xchat told me:

* *** Routing -- from SanJose.CA.US.PaganPaths.org: Received SQUIT services.paganpaths.org from services.paganpaths.org (Shutting down on SIGINT)
* services.paganpaths.org was connected for 2613 seconds.  2/10 sendK/recvK.
* *** Routing -- from SanJose.CA.US.PaganPaths.org: Link with services.paganpaths.org established, states: ULined TS
* *** Global -- from OperServ: dreamwalker is now an IRC operator.
* *** Routing -- from SanJose.CA.US.PaganPaths.org: services.paganpaths.org has processed user/channel burst, sending topic burst.
* *** Routing -- from SanJose.CA.US.PaganPaths.org: services.paganpaths.org has processed topic burst (synched to network data).
paganpaths.org established, states: ULined TS
* *** Global -- from OperServ: dreamwalker is now an IRC operator.
* *** Routing -- from SanJose.CA.US.PaganPaths.org: services.paganpaths.org has processed user/channel burst, sending topic burst.
* *** Routing -- from SanJose.CA.US.PaganPaths.org: services.paganpaths.org has processed topic burst (synched to network data).

The shutdown in SIGINT was due to I invoked ./services -debug -nofork and hit <ctrl> <c> then restarted services with no arguments.

Unfortunately, none of the opers who can repeatably crash services are responding to my requests to do so.  So I'll have to provide you with that information later...

It's late at night for me, so I'll be back later

Remember, I have Half a Clue :)

Be Well,

Rick
Pages: [1]   Go Up