Anope IRC Services

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: question  (Read 3585 times)

nucleus

question
« on: November 28, 2006, 02:38:10 AM »

Hi there
Is there a module like this?
That doesent allow unregistered nicks to join any channel ?
Pls answer
thx

katsklaw

(No subject)
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2006, 02:55:47 AM »

This is best for the ircd to do actually. Granted, registration is the job of services. But modes and joins are regulated by the ircd.

If you use Unreal the easiest way is to set modes-on-join "+ntR"; Channel Ops can unset +R but to be honest it *is* their channel and they should have the right to allow/deny whom their wish.

Trystan Scott Lee

• Contributor
(No subject)
« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2006, 05:01:51 AM »

Although this can be done in services, the problem is that services are told about the user joining the channel after the fact. ie.. it goes

/join #channel
users ircd sends out broadcast to its hub
hub sends it out to all its leafs (services being one of them)
leafs send to the users

So user is in the channel now, services then can take action of them.. kicking/banning them out of the channel.. so you get a lot of join/kicks going on..

As katsklaw said this is best handled by the ircd where it can tell the modes for the channel and prevent the message from ever going up stream.
my God my tourniquet, return to me salvation

Jobe

• Contributor
    • Anope IRC Services
(No subject)
« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2006, 12:53:52 PM »

Originally posted by katsklaw
This is best for the ircd to do actually. Granted, registration is the job of services. But modes and joins are regulated by the ircd.

If you use Unreal the easiest way is to set modes-on-join "+ntR"; Channel Ops can unset +R but to be honest it *is* their channel and they should have the right to allow/deny whom their wish.

Although modes on join, the same way MLOCK does, wont stop the an unregistered user joining an empty channel as before a user join an empty channel the channel doesnt have any modes applied to it that the IRCd would use to prevent the user joining.
Your IP: ()
My IRC Status:

Come along and visit http://www.anopequotes.org/
Pages: [1]   Go Up