Anope IRC Services

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: [request] modified rsend for channel memos  (Read 3515 times)

falerin

[request] modified rsend for channel memos
« on: November 30, 2006, 05:00:29 PM »

Read receipts for channel memos are currently are kind of useless as they only note the first person that read a memo. I would like to have a module that checks if an individual has read the memo previously and if that individual has not then it sends a receipt otherwise it does not. This would likely require an additional database yes or a modification of the nickserv database structure. A less graceful alternative would be that it sends a receipt after each read even if they have already read it.

We have channel staff who routinely ignore memos and want to know who they are. Since we  want to use receipts to see WHO is reading a memo the current form is not helpful as it only shows the first person and not any subsequent ones.

Dave Robson

• Team
(No subject)
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2006, 07:00:34 PM »

send a memo saying "please reply with a memo" then you will know who does/dosnt read them.... :)

falerin

(No subject)
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2006, 12:45:49 AM »

While such a solution would indeed do as you said I would much prefer it to be automated. The question is will the module system as it exists allow it at all. I have not played with creating other databases. Though I have in fact created anope modules for RPGs including a fully integrated dicebot and calculator.

falerin

(No subject)
« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2006, 05:21:56 PM »

I have thought about this issue some more. There already exists a module IIRC that modifies the send command so that when the target is a Channel it sends to each member on the access list.

Would it be possible. To modify this functionality so it worked with RSEND as well. When you RSEND a Channel it RSENDS every user on the channel access list. Prefixing the sent message [Memo to #Channel] or something of the sort.

katsklaw

(No subject)
« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2006, 07:02:38 PM »

yes it's possible.
Pages: [1]   Go Up