Anope IRC Services

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Type of Prison/Jailing system  (Read 24245 times)

aeon

• Anope User
Type of Prison/Jailing system
« on: February 13, 2010, 11:09:01 PM »

I was wondering about something like this and also because I'm on a server that has one. and I really like this, but the problem is it's a custom service so it can't be found anywhere to be downloaded. So I was wondering maybe a module for this could be made are they add it to anope?

The system:

When a user is added to a "prison list" it forces the person into a channel, and they can't leave the channel until there removed from I guess a "Prison List" and it basically holds them there by there IP, so if they try connect under a different name, they automatically get sent to this "Prison Channel"

I kinda think this approach is better than a usual Gline if someone is acting up on your server.

If Options are wanted because people actually decide to make this, I would have the following atleast:
- msg SERVICE prison add/del (NAME | IP)
- msg SERVICE prison clear list
possibly: msg SERVICE set PrisonChan #channel (maybe make a option to set it in the config?)

Like I said it's just a idea I think is useful, it's not a demand.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2010, 11:11:31 PM by aeon »

Naram Qashat

• Team
    • CBX's Sprite Animations
Re: Type of Prison/Jailing system
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2010, 11:11:12 PM »

Unfortunately, Anope wouldn't be the right place for something like this.  Anope can't stop actions, it can only react to them.  Your IRCd would be a better place for this type of action, as it can stop actions.

aeon

• Anope User
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2010, 11:13:00 PM »

Unfortunately, Anope wouldn't be the right place for something like this.  Anope can't stop actions, it can only react to them.  Your IRCd would be a better place for this type of action, as it can stop actions.

umm, what do you mean stop action?

by lock em in a channel, it could sapart (sajoin #1,0 takes em out all channels) them out all channels, and sajoin them in one, and keep sajoin them if they leave the channel

I didn't actually mean disable the /join or /part

Naram Qashat

• Team
    • CBX's Sprite Animations
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2010, 11:16:45 PM »

I coded up something like this into a hacked-to-hell copy of Unreal 3.1.5.1, it added a +P channel mode that prevented users from parting the channel if they were in it.  In my opinion, something on the IRCd side would function more like a prison/jail than trying to rely on Anope to react after the fact.  I stand by my opinion that Anope wouldn't be the right place for something like this.

Dax Bane

• Anope User
  • Bane of All
« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2010, 07:17:13 AM »

I take it a permashun (which is removed when the user quits for one reason or another) coupled with SVSJOIN is out of the question then?

Adam

• Team
« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2010, 07:23:56 AM »

Anope could do something like this, but since it can't prevent things (only act upon things) it wouldn't be ideal. Eg if a user parted it could force rejoin them, and if they tried to join another channel it could force part them, but it can't prevent anything, which is why it would be better suited for the IRCd.

Dax Bane

• Anope User
  • Bane of All
« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2010, 09:26:02 PM »

a shunned user cannot use /join, but may (depending on ircd configuration) /part channels; mind you as far as I know that is UnrealIRCd specific, I could be wrong

Adam

• Team
« Reply #7 on: February 14, 2010, 09:28:11 PM »

But they also can not talk, which I think you would want them to if they were in the jailed channel?

Dax Bane

• Anope User
  • Bane of All
« Reply #8 on: February 14, 2010, 09:29:50 PM »

good point

aeon

• Anope User
« Reply #9 on: February 14, 2010, 09:33:07 PM »

The idea behind this was just to keep them in a channel untill they were removed from the list.

Like /sajoin them back in the prison channel if they leave it, and I suppose if they were to join another channel it could +b there address and sapart them from it (so they can't rejoin) and when they get removed it lifts all bans.

I really wasn't expecting this to disable the /part and /join. Matter in fact I didn't even think of that and nor do I want to have it do that.

With the server im on, this is how this service works:

You would type /msg Service Prison Add NAME

The target gets banned in all channels and forced into 1 channel (The Prison Channel) If the target trys to join another channel the service then adds a ban on the target and forces them out the channel. Since the service keeps there IP as well, if they try reconnecting as a different nickname they get forced back in the prison channel for as long as they are in the Prison list. When the target is removed the service then lifts all bans it placed on the target (in all channels he/she was in)  allowing them to join again.

There is also a feature on it where if a nick connected with a jailed nickname it would force them in the prison channel as well and ban their address (until the name is removed from the prison list) It would also ban all matching addresses in the list, so if someone had proxies and was stupid enough to connect with the same nick it would ban all the addresses at once
« Last Edit: February 14, 2010, 10:01:13 PM by aeon »

Charles Kingsley

• Contributor
« Reply #10 on: February 15, 2010, 08:24:30 AM »

You would type /msg Service Prison Add NAME

I'd just goto the pub! :)

In fact, I might try this on myself to get me to the pub quicker!

(sorry, useless post)

Jan Milants

• Team
« Reply #11 on: February 15, 2010, 08:27:30 AM »

I remember a module called cs_join from long gone times, but I don't think it did exactly what you just described..
If you like me donate coins to 1FBmZVT4J8WAUMHKqpWhgNVj3XXnRN1cCk :)

aeon

• Anope User
« Reply #12 on: February 15, 2010, 06:34:54 PM »

I remember a module called cs_join from long gone times, but I don't think it did exactly what you just described..

no cs_join just made ChanServ join channels.

This post really has nothing to do with that lol...

Jan Milants

• Team
« Reply #13 on: February 15, 2010, 09:06:54 PM »

i meant cs_jail :p
that s what happens when i try to multithread  :-X
If you like me donate coins to 1FBmZVT4J8WAUMHKqpWhgNVj3XXnRN1cCk :)

aeon

• Anope User
« Reply #14 on: February 15, 2010, 11:24:51 PM »

i meant cs_jail :p
that s what happens when i try to multithread  :-X

mmm I never heard of that one, ima see if I can find it

EDIT:

I can't find any download for CS_Jail and the modules on the site dont have it anymore./..
« Last Edit: February 16, 2010, 02:30:26 AM by aeon »

MeiR

• Anope User
« Reply #15 on: March 09, 2010, 06:29:40 PM »

UnrealIRCd [and perhaps more deamons, i don't know others], has "virushchan" in spamfilter actions.
It does more or less what u requested; Parts the user from all chanells, joins him to the defined channel in conf, and restricts any action from him, except talking in this channel.

There are two "set" directives for this feature. Quote from rom Unreal docs:
set::spamfilter::virus-help-channel allows you to specify the channel to join for action 'viruschan' (default: #help)
set::spamfilter::virus-help-channel-deny allows you to block any normal joins to virus-help-channel (default: no)

In addition, there's a module, m_quarentine, that provides the possibility to initiate a virushchan action on some user (and also to "release" him). That way it's not even necessary that he'll violate a spamfilter. (It's planned to become a core command in Unreal in future).
Here's a link: http://www.unrealircd.com/modules/view/51

aeon

• Anope User
« Reply #16 on: April 30, 2010, 04:21:04 AM »

Sorry been away for awhile.

But does this send them back to the channel if they disconnect/reconnect as a different nickname?

Whrenn Project

• Anope User
  • Zen Master
« Reply #17 on: April 30, 2010, 08:18:55 PM »

But they also can not talk, which I think you would want them to if they were in the jailed channel?

A properly coded shun should still allow shunned users to talk to opers, why else would they still be allowed on the network? If all they can do is pong and quit, stop toying with them and just gline them.

I mean seriously, what ever happened to the good old days when you just banned users? You can't keep jailed users jailed anyway. They can /quit and go somewhere else or just come back in 10 seconds as someone completely different, host and all. So what's the point?
« Last Edit: April 30, 2010, 09:03:20 PM by Whrenn Project »

aeon

• Anope User
« Reply #18 on: May 02, 2010, 01:29:55 AM »

Gotta remember.. they can do the same for a GLINE...

This is just a step to take in before banning someone, a last resort to see if they will chill out

Whrenn Project

• Anope User
  • Zen Master
« Reply #19 on: May 02, 2010, 01:39:01 AM »

Gotta remember.. they can do the same for a GLINE...

This is just a step to take in before banning someone, a last resort to see if they will chill out

Of course they can do the same to GLINE or any other ban type action. The problem though is that most people that cut-up on IRC are really only after attention and if you react at all, including bans, jails etc .. you are giving them what they want. If you ignore them they will get bored and go away.

If you really don't want to ban them, then shun them, it's not too far from a jail and already exists.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2010, 01:42:06 AM by Whrenn Project »

aeon

• Anope User
« Reply #20 on: May 02, 2010, 11:30:09 PM »

But if they "change" wouldn't you mind atleast hearing what they have to say?

yeah, normally I would just shun them to... But im trying to create a "nice approach" here

Whrenn Project

• Anope User
  • Zen Master
« Reply #21 on: May 04, 2010, 01:46:49 AM »

But if they "change" wouldn't you mind atleast hearing what they have to say?

yeah, normally I would just shun them to... But im trying to create a "nice approach" here

how nice were they being when there did what ever they did to deserve to be shunned in the first place?

"That's ok Mr Serial Killer, we forgive you". Puhleeze.

Joseph

• Anope User
« Reply #22 on: August 03, 2010, 02:05:44 PM »

mmm I never heard of that one, ima see if I can find it

EDIT:

I can't find any download for CS_Jail and the modules on the site dont have it anymore./..
I have found CS_Jail, are you blind, its so easy to find, its on the anope module website by the way.
Pages: [1]   Go Up