Anope IRC Services

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Specifics on upgrading to 1.8.0 Anope  (Read 3144 times)

Joe Gronlund

• Anope User
Specifics on upgrading to 1.8.0 Anope
« on: March 28, 2009, 02:51:21 PM »

Hello,

I have no problems installing Anope, my problem is I can't find detailed manuals or documents that tell me what I should backup, or how to successfully backup Anope and upgrade Anope..

What I need to know is:

What do I need to do before upgrading "Backing up directories, databases etc" Where are those directories, databases located? And what are their names..

Do I just overwrite the new installed Anope with the backed up directories, or is there something more I need to do??

Thank you all very much, I have been looking for this information for two weeks, and the manual is just not very specific..

Thanks,

Joe
« Last Edit: March 28, 2009, 03:15:44 PM by Joe Gronlund »

Amanda Folson

• Anope User
  • O_O
    • ZomgIRC
Re: Specifics on upgrading to 1.8.0 Anope
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2009, 02:56:23 PM »

The things you need are in the services folder. Save a copy of anything that ends with .db

Also save your conf.

When you compile the new version of Anope, simply put the databases and .conf back in the services folder.

Sorry there's no manual - I'll look into creating one :P Thanks for letting us know though.

Joe Gronlund

• Anope User
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2009, 02:59:28 PM »

The things you need are in the services folder. Save a copy of anything that ends with .db

Also save your conf.

When you compile the new version of Anope, simply put the databases and .conf back in the services folder.

Sorry there's no manual - I'll look into creating one :P Thanks for letting us know though.

Thank you so much for your reply, that helps me out 100%..
I will upgrade this afternoon for sure....

Amanda Folson

• Anope User
  • O_O
    • ZomgIRC
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2009, 03:03:18 PM »

Not a problem. If you need anything else feel free to ask here or stop by our support channel (irc.anope.org #anope) :)
Pages: [1]   Go Up