Anope IRC Services

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Neostats Secureserv & Global  (Read 8989 times)

Jon

• Anope User
Neostats Secureserv & Global
« on: November 28, 2006, 04:34:52 AM »

I'm not sure if this is an anope or Neostats issue.  Neostats secureserv sends to log channel correctly but everytime it does, global puts this out.  I've never seen this issue before nor am I sure why it's doing this. It dosen't do this when it states users logging on or off with connectserv, only securserv.  Any suggestinos would be greatly appreciated.   Thank you.

Anope-1.6.5 (1197) services.*  BahamutIRCd 1.4.* -TL6M -- build #1, compiled Nov 27 2006 12:31:47

[21:54] <SecureServ> Got Version Reply from simon-: mIRC v6.17 Khaled Mardam-Bey
[21:54] <Global> Got Version Reply from simon-: mIRC v6.17 Khaled Mardam-Bey: user record for SecureServ not found

[Edited on 27-11-2006 by satanhhh]

[Edited on 27-11-2006 by satanhhh]
No wonder programmers are always bald, they sit in front of a computer all day pulling their hair out cause the d*mn thing won't cooperate.

katsklaw

(No subject)
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2006, 07:13:52 AM »

Secureserv is not an Anope core bot, so I'm going to point my finger at Neostats. In all fairness, Anope can and does send global messages. IF Anope send that global it would had to be from an module and not Anope Core. The most likely module would be ircd_ctcpversion. By default ircd_ctcpversion uses CTCPserv but could be named SecureServ rather easily. ircd_ctcpversion is a 3rd party module and not supported directly by the Anope Team. It's author (SGR) quit coding modules IIRC so if you are having issues with it, it's not likely to be resolved unless another coder will fix it.

Hope this helps.

Jobe

• Contributor
    • Anope IRC Services
(No subject)
« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2006, 12:45:35 PM »

Originally posted by satanhhh
[21:54] <SecureServ> Got Version Reply from simon-: mIRC v6.17 Khaled Mardam-Bey
[21:54] <Global> Got Version Reply from simon-: mIRC v6.17 Khaled Mardam-Bey: user record for SecureServ not found

Ok Global, being an Anope pseudo user (The one Anope uses to log to the log channel) is outputting this message because one way or another SecureServ (A Neostats pseudo user) was not introduced to the network properly or somehow there has been a desynch in Anope where Anope has lost its record for SecureServ. When this happens there is pretty much only 2 things you can do to resolve it. Restart Anope OR restart Neostats. That way if Anope restarts Anope's entire global state database is refreshed or if Neostats is restarted SecureServ is re-introduced to Anope cause Anope to re-add it's own record for SecureServ.

So basically this is a desynch in Anope.

And @ katsklaw, "[21:54] <Global> Got Version Reply from simon-: mIRC v6.17 Khaled Mardam-Bey: user record for SecureServ not found" was Anopes response to receiving a message from SecureServ which as a user Anope believed to not exist.

[Edited on 28-11-2006 by Jobe1986]
Your IP: ()
My IRC Status:

Come along and visit http://www.anopequotes.org/

katsklaw

(No subject)
« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2006, 03:07:24 PM »

And @ katsklaw, "[21:54] <Global> Got Version Reply from simon-: mIRC v6.17 Khaled Mardam-Bey: user record for SecureServ not found" was Anopes response to receiving a message from SecureServ which as a user Anope believed to not exist.

I'm well aware of what Global is :) I am also aware of why it said user record not found.

What I was attempting and most likely failed at was explaining WHERE SecureServ was from. Meaning that SecureServ could be the NeoStats module by the same name or it could be ircd_ctcpverion's CTCPServ named "SecureServ". In short I was giving the user a list of places to check to find out if it's Anope or if it's NeoStats that is desynced.
Pages: [1]   Go Up