Anope IRC Services

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Request For Module  (Read 5702 times)

tooler82

• Anope User
    • irc.carterroadband.com
Request For Module
« on: March 30, 2008, 03:17:00 AM »

I'm a server admin and have thought of a module that would be useful I believe. Only problem is I can't write modules! :)  The idea is I don't really care what the command is, maybe something like /whowho. The syntax would be /whowho nick time or /whowho host time. Such as:

/whowho Nick 12h

Would give you all the nick's used by that one nick in the last 12 hours.

/whowho 1.1.7.254 12h

Would give you all the nick's used by that ip in the last 12 hours.

Can anybody help? Thanks

tooler82

• Anope User
    • irc.carterroadband.com
(No subject)
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2008, 04:30:19 AM »

Also... This doesn't have to be a historical from now until the end of time. Set a limit like 3 days or so...

casper1256

• Anope User
    • http://www.chatspecial.nl
(No subject)
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2008, 09:18:54 AM »

I think it will be easier to be in the main chans and write a client script for that as the Anope database will become huge with data (esspecially when you have a big network).
Network Administrator
ChatSpecial.nl

Jan Milants

• Team
(No subject)
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2008, 12:16:09 PM »

/whowho would be an IRCd command... /msg nickserv whowho would be a services cmd
some ircd already have someting similar, /whowas

but this also has very little todo with anope imo..  it has nothing to do with nick/chan registration and most obviously since /whowas is already an ircd command, i would think /whowho would also be better off being handled by the ircd.
on most ircd's it s possible to write modules to add new commands (though i know very little about how to do it)...

[Edited on 30-3-2008 by Viper]
If you like me donate coins to 1FBmZVT4J8WAUMHKqpWhgNVj3XXnRN1cCk :)

Jobe

• Contributor
    • Anope IRC Services
(No subject)
« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2008, 01:16:03 PM »

I happen to agree with Viper, this feature even as a module would be better suited to being IRCd side. Especially since any IRCd supporting WHOWAS already keeps the required info anyway. To implement it in Anope even as a module would have to include some sort of tracking code to record ALL the nicks used by a person.
Your IP: ()
My IRC Status:

Come along and visit http://www.anopequotes.org/

tooler82

• Anope User
    • irc.carterroadband.com
(No subject)
« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2008, 02:54:52 PM »

Well it would actually go off of ConnectServ. On our network we have a channel that lists all nick changes and stuff. That's pretty much what it would do is make a database for let's say a week or 3 days. So the command would be /msg operserv whowho then...  Instead of looking in logs for that channel and ctrl - f and finding just thought it would be neat. We even have a website with logs of all nickserv and chanserv with a search by nick. So it's basically that just in mirc.

katsklaw

(No subject)
« Reply #6 on: March 30, 2008, 03:59:30 PM »

Anope does not have a Connectserv, that's NeoStats. Personally I see no need to "re-invent the wheel" since you are already using NeoStats appearently. It's well within Anope's ability to do with a 3rd party module, however I feel it may be easier for you to learn to write modules than to find someone willing to write this module for you as this request is highly complex and very specific to your needs considering your reason is "thought it would be neat".

Secondly mIRC nor any other client software package have anything to do with this topic.

n00bie

• Anope User
(No subject)
« Reply #7 on: March 31, 2008, 08:38:00 AM »

maybe this module can do the job too http://www.anope.org/modules/bs_gseen.c
I am always doing things that which I cannot do, in order that I may learn how to do it.
Pages: [1]   Go Up