Anope IRC Services

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Username in Topic issue  (Read 3765 times)

Mousee

Username in Topic issue
« on: May 26, 2007, 03:18:05 PM »

Basically I'm looking to remove this feature from, I assume(?), ChanServ.
It appears that when the 'keep topic' option is set and a channel becomes completely empty, upon re-joining the empty channel the topic is renamed to something like this:

Welcome to my channel! (Mousee)

I don't have any particular need to attach the name at the end of the topic, ie. (Mousee). Is there perhaps a way to remove this from Anope? I assume it would require modifying the sources, which is of course no big deal. I'd just like to know if it's even possible, and if so, where I might begin looking to remove it.

Many thanks :)

Jobe

• Contributor
    • Anope IRC Services
(No subject)
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2007, 04:07:50 PM »

Just so you know, the nick in the ()'s is a trick used to set who set the topic. If you then join another user to the channel you will get the message saying what the topic is and that it was set by that nick not ChanServ.
Your IP: ()
My IRC Status:

Come along and visit http://www.anopequotes.org/

Mousee

(No subject)
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2007, 05:38:25 PM »

Originally posted by Jobe1986
Just so you know, the nick in the ()'s is a trick used to set who set the topic. If you then join another user to the channel you will get the message saying what the topic is and that it was set by that nick not ChanServ.

I was already well aware of that.
I'm just interested in removing *who* the topic was created by within the topic itself (not from the onjoin info).

I've discovered the answer to my problem though I believe.
I was only logging in as an IRCop before, after trying it as a normal user it appears you don't see the "Welcome to my channel! (Mousee)" information at all and just the title, as I wanted.

So this thread can be disregarded as that was my only concern - normal users seeing the "(Username)" bit. ;)

jilles

• Anope User
(No subject)
« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2007, 06:08:26 PM »

This is a property of some ircds such as dreamforge and unreal. Whenever a server (topicburst) or service changes the topic, the topicsetter information is included in the topic sent to the users in the channel at that time.

Anope cannot do anything about this.
Pages: [1]   Go Up