Anope IRC Services

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: restricted users in different channels  (Read 5551 times)

asisito

restricted users in different channels
« on: August 15, 2007, 08:14:07 PM »

Hello at all,

I set up Anope Services (which I use with UnrealIRCD and Eggdrop) a few days ago. Generally, everything works fine.

I´m writing, because I do not know exactly to realize the following thing:

I have 3 channels, #chan1, #chan2 and #chan3 (for example :) )

I want to give "user1" the rights to only access #chan2 AND #chan3, but no rights to access #chan2. "user2" should only have the possibility to access #chan2, and so on.

Important: The users should NOT be allowed to register anything. I want to register the nicks and passwords with my OP-Account. Users should just have the right to access and chat.

My question: how can I realize this with Anope Services? I´m not looking for a walk-through, just for some hints to see light at the end of the tunnel :)

Thanks in advance.

Asisito

[Edited on 15-8-2007 by asisito]

Jan Milants

• Team
(No subject)
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2007, 10:09:28 PM »

anope gives access on channel based levels only (except for oper related stuff) unlike eggdrops so giving users access is on channel basis anyways

but if you don't allow users to register their nicknames, they can't identify and anope can't give them access...

as for
I want to register the nicks and passwords with my OP-Account.
i have no idea what you mean with that..

[Edited on 15-8-2007 by Viper]
If you like me donate coins to 1FBmZVT4J8WAUMHKqpWhgNVj3XXnRN1cCk :)

asisito

(No subject)
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2007, 10:24:10 PM »

hi viper,
thanks a lot for your reply.

the situation is, that irc runs on a server, which is also used for web development applications.

the irc is used to communicate with the external developers. so, i dont want to give too many rights to the developers, and I always need to know 100% to whom I´m talking to.

i thought, that it would be the best solution, that I (however) register the nicks and the passwords, and then give the nicks and the passwords to our developers. if a partnership with one of the developer ends, I can simply delete the access rights.

after this, they log on to the channels they are allowed to.

lotsa greetz,

asisito

edit:
ok, anope gives channel-based access. is there a way to gain user-based access? anyhow?

[Edited on 15-8-2007 by asisito]

katsklaw

(No subject)
« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2007, 11:35:51 PM »

For Nicks: I see no reason to restrict nick registration, this is for a few reasons.

1> nicks need to be registered before being added to channels, so unless you personally plan on controlling 100% of the channels, you need to allow nick registration.

2> nick registration is for the user themselves, it's THEIR account, not yours. Think of it this way, the email server belongs to your ISP, but how would you feel if they forced you to use the email address that they picked for you?

For Channels:

Enable CSOpersOnly

SNU

• Anope User
    • http://www.firstclassirc.com
(No subject)
« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2007, 10:17:01 AM »

Yeah you could make that channels ode +R (on Unreal) so they only can join that certain Channels if they have registered Nicks.
After they registered you could give them access to that specific channels. So set an access restriction and add that users you want to let into. You shouldn't and can't restrict their access to all other channels.

Exception: they all have a static host! therefore you could configure your IRCD (not the services) to deny access to certain things (channels) etc. There are also several modules for such things. For unrealircd are some pay-modules they might fit your needs (ircd-side identification read by a mysql-database, without services). But for that example you gave us I don't think you really want this :D
Pages: [1]   Go Up