Anope IRC Services

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: bs_fantasy_dt (Dynamic Triggers) - 1.0 Released.  (Read 22912 times)

Jan Milants

• Team
bs_fantasy_dt (Dynamic Triggers) - 1.0 Released.
« on: January 07, 2010, 08:16:51 PM »

* This module makes it possible to use a botserv bot as an eggbot, infobot or zbot
 * like client by allowing it to respond to programmable triggers which can be
 * dynamically controlled.

The module should be pretty much feature complete right now.. I'm still willing to accept suggestions, but can't think of anything more to add myself. Right now it s possible to
 - query triggers (obviously)
 - add/edit/del/link and clone trigger entries
 - there is a per channel list and a single global list maintained by opers
 - permissions can be set per channel and per trigger
 - make a trigger return multiple responses in a list or select one random
 - use variables in the responses such as nick of caller, channel topic or one of the arguments passed in the call
 - use conditions in replies to modify the output depending on variables or argument values
 - define conditions on whole replies.. they are only returned if the conditions are met.
 - redirect output from the standard channel message to a single user.

With the release of anope-1.8.7 (which this module requires), I have decided to also release version 1.0 on the modules site. It has been around for quite some time now without any issues being reported so I think it should be fairly stable.

The module can be downloaded from the modules site.
Latest development code can normally be found in my GIT repo: http://git.milanza.org/?p=anope-modules/bs_fantasy_dt;a=summary
« Last Edit: December 24, 2011, 05:31:18 PM by Jan Milants »
If you like me donate coins to 1FBmZVT4J8WAUMHKqpWhgNVj3XXnRN1cCk :)

Jan Milants

• Team
Re: bs_fantasy_dt (Dynamic Triggers) - Testers wanted.
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2010, 02:47:24 PM »

ok.. this project has been dormant for some time.. however I have sacrificed some bedtime recently and will be looking for some people to test a new beta version of this module...

I hope to have a new test version available sometime this weekend. If there are any volunteers please contact me on IRC.. I am not going to post a link anymore because it seems few poeple give feedback that way.. so you will have to come to me if you are interested in an early adoption.. that way I can extract the feedback from you if needed  :P

Jan Milants

• Team
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2010, 11:25:08 PM »

seems it 's much more stable then I had anticipated, so if some people feel like trying it out...

Note that this module is 1.8 only and requires 1.8.4.
Sources: http://vips.hopto.org/~viper/bs_fantasy_dt.c
Windows: http://vips.hopto.org/~viper/bs_fantasy_dt-0.5+1.8.4-2008Runtimes.zip

What may still be a bit lacking is the help, but except for one everything is documented to some degree I think... what s missing is the use of parameters  in trigger replies...  $1$ gives the first parameter $1-$ gives the first, with everything that follows, $2$ gives the second param and $2-$ the second with everything that follows etc.. parameters are space seperated and given after the trigger.. when a param is specified in the trigger reply, but not given, the $1$ will be replaced by nothing.

Everything else you may need to know is in the modules headers or readme...
!help dt or !help gdt gives a full cmd list... but you may prefer to use !help dt <option> for now cuz I still have to shrink the first ones down a bit...  ::)

Esher RavenFire

• Anope User
« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2010, 07:26:07 PM »

Looks very cool. I'll try it out. Could be pretty useful to my users.

Kyle

• Anope User
« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2010, 03:38:33 AM »

Hi there,

I'm testing this on my test net, where I'm also messing around with 1.8.5, so I'll make sure that's not the problem before reporting any bugs. It's working smoothly, for the most part.

I haven't had a chance to test all commands yet, but I will get round to it - but so far, I have noticed a bug with !dt set privmsg. When setting it on with !dt set privmsg on - that works fine, but when doing !dt set privmsg off, it replies with: Syntax: !dt SET PRIVMSG { ON | OFF }.

I'm no coder, but I went browsing through the file anyway. After some looking around, I noticed that "stricmp" on line 1494 is missing a ! at the beginning of it, so I'm guessing the line SHOULD look something like:
Code: [Select]
} else if (value && !stricmp(value, "OFF")) {
Like I said, I'm no coder, so that may be wrong, or the incorrect way of doing it - but it seems to have fixed the problem I was having.

-Kyle

Zero

• Anope User
« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2010, 08:10:54 PM »

Yeah, I have noticed that to. Been busy or I would have told you awhile back. Sorry!

Kyle

• Anope User
« Reply #6 on: August 14, 2010, 08:06:14 AM »

Hi,

It would seem that I have managed to break the module. When using first using !dt clear, and then !dt set dtchar ! , services has a panic buffer.

I did the gdb stuff, and here's the pastebin from that: http://pastebin.anope.org/index.php?page=viewpaste&id=939cf86b87

-Kyle

Jan Milants

• Team
« Reply #7 on: January 09, 2011, 11:07:45 PM »

I am gonna try to fulfil some of my good intentions...

Hereby I am releasing version 0.6 of the module.
It is only available as a .c and requires 1.8.5 to run.

I've made some major changes and think the module is nearly feature complete now. Most significant addition is the support of both inline and reply level conditionals. I fixed the bugs mentioned above, though no doubt all the new stuff can still contain its fair bit of bugs too. So if some people would be willing to try this out, especially the new commands and features. Conditionals being the most complex addition. Documentation about these features is available in the modules header.

Note that the syntax for using arguments in the replies has changed from $1$ to $1 etc.
Because this module is still under development, the conversion is not done automatically!

Changes:
*  Added DT DUP command to completely duplicate existing triggers.
*  Added support for escaping special characters like $ with a \.
*  Added support for inline conditionals.
*  Added support for defining conditions on trigger reply level.
*  Changed syntax for arguments in triggers: we now use $1 and $1-, without the second $.
*  Fixed MaxLines setting not being respected.
*  Fixed !dt del to return an error when attempting to delete nonexisting reply.
*  Fixed segfaults caused by accepting of insertions at positions beyond array size.
*  Fixed segfault when changing settings for a channel with no trigger data.
*  Fixed bug in memory allocation for tracking linked items.
*  Fixed memory leak in !dt set.

Download link: http://vips.hopto.org/~viper/bs_fantasy_dt.c

Keep in mind this is still under development and by no means considered stable..

katsklaw

• Supporter
  • Anope User
« Reply #8 on: January 10, 2011, 01:46:13 AM »

1> shouldn't flood protection be the core's job? :P~ (Re: TODO list)
2> you have a typo in #Define SUPPORTED annotation (grep functionning)
3> Another typo in AnopeInit (grep continueing)
4> Awesome stuff as usual! :)

Jan Milants

• Team
« Reply #9 on: January 10, 2011, 08:46:38 AM »

Yeah the flood protection should probably be handled in some more centralized way.. whether it s the core's job is another discussion though, as one could reason the core should handle everything that it s given. I have other modules where this is on the todo list so this is more of a longer term thing.. probably to be handled through a separate anti-flood module.. that too was planned at some point, but never finished due to it being considered rather low priority.. (floods can be easily handled or prevented by the ircd or an eggy hence the low priority ::))

Typos fixed, pretty sure there ll be many more though, especially in the language tables.. lets just state that perfect English wasn't a priority :)

GhosT

• Anope User
« Reply #10 on: January 22, 2011, 06:48:40 AM »

Is this module located here: http://modules.anope.org/index.php?page=view&id=214 now? I could not download it. It says:

Unable to locate file

LEthaLity

• Team
    • LEthaLity
« Reply #11 on: January 22, 2011, 01:48:54 PM »

viper needs a poke, the module file has a space at the end of the name by the looks of it

Jan Milants

• Team
« Reply #12 on: January 22, 2011, 02:17:56 PM »

It's depressing how long this went unnoticed/unreported...  :(

At least now I know why noone was downloading it.. was beginning to fear I wrote it for nothing.. they were all just too lazy to report a dead link..  ::)
thx for bothering to report it.. obv the first intelligent person to try to download it!

katsklaw

• Supporter
  • Anope User
« Reply #13 on: January 23, 2011, 12:05:39 AM »

It's depressing how long this went unnoticed/unreported...  :(

At least now I know why noone was downloading it.. was beginning to fear I wrote it for nothing.. they were all just too lazy to report a dead link..  ::)
thx for bothering to report it.. obv the first intelligent person to try to download it!

It worked just fine for me on Jan 10th or I'd have said something. *shrug*

Jan Milants

• Team
« Reply #14 on: January 23, 2011, 12:49:47 AM »

yeah I guess you used the one here.. that link always worked.. the one on the modules site was broke though... wonder where that space came from..  ???

Charles Kingsley

• Contributor
« Reply #15 on: January 23, 2011, 08:38:09 AM »

I blame you. :)

GhosT

• Anope User
« Reply #16 on: March 05, 2011, 11:54:56 PM »

I did not track on this post. Thank you for updating. I will give it a try today.

Jan Milants

• Team
Re: bs_fantasy_dt (Dynamic Triggers) (v0.7) - Testers wanted.
« Reply #17 on: September 24, 2011, 11:33:11 PM »

i finally got around to finishing the next major update.. this will probably also be the last update introducing this many changes.. It s got the stuff that I want from it now, any suggestions are still welcome, but it will mostly be minor and bug fixes from now on..

This release requires 1.8-GIT to run, but should be safe to run, even on live nets.. (i didn't say the module is! :))
Due to the large number of changes there s bound to be some new issues with it so it would be nice if some people test it then i will publish a stable with the release of 1.8.7..
Note: for this reason, I will not be publishing this (or any subsequent/stable ones) on the modsite prior to the release of anope 1.8.7... ::)

Changes:
Code: [Select]
- Added windows support. (Thx to Adam for bothering.)
 - Added support for $b, $c, $n, $h, $d $t and $x as inline variables and in conditions.
 - Added support for $me as trigger for ACTIONs when used at the start of the reply.
 - Added support for redirecting output from the channel to users.
 - Added a basic flood protection system for redirects.
 - Changed $me to be be reserved as the trigger for actions. (DB automatically converted!)
 - Updated the !help to include all the advanced fancy stuff.
 - Fixed some potentially uninitialized variables. (Spotted by Adam)
 - Fixed errors in the help for APP.
 - Fixed SET PRIVMSG OFF reporting a syntax error.
 - Fixed reply nr 1 being randomly returned even when condition fails.
 - Updated version requirements and module & command checker.
 - Fixed database loading showing errors, but not aborting.

The first post has been updated, you can find the release attached to it.
pls leave your comments (even if it s just an "awesome") so i get an idea of how well it works/stable it is :)
« Last Edit: September 24, 2011, 11:35:43 PM by Jan Milants »

VisioN

• Contributor
    • myIRC Project Hosting IRC Network
Re: bs_fantasy_dt (Dynamic Triggers) (v0.7) - Testers wanted.
« Reply #18 on: September 24, 2011, 11:39:01 PM »

Β¬ 01:37:21am| <VisioN> ? me
Β¬ 01:37:21am| -myBot:#chat- me:  You are so awesome.. ^.^
Its so awesome it even knows I'm awesome!
Btw, I'll try to make it crash tomorrow.. If I can't crash it , you know its stable ^^

Jan Milants

• Team
Re: bs_fantasy_dt (Dynamic Triggers) - 1.0 Released.
« Reply #19 on: December 24, 2011, 05:36:02 PM »

With the release of anope 1.8.7, I can now publish this module on the modules site..

Version 1.0 can now be downloaded form the modules site.
For those running 0.7 this is a relatively small update.. If you were stuck on 0.6 which is the previous version to support an anope release, this will be a major update, be sure to check the changelog for 0.7 as well.

Changes:
- Fixed '%' symbol interpretation interfering with output.
 - Fixed SUPPORTED pre-compile configuration setting.
 - Fixed missing help for LINK and DUP.

Cedric

• Anope User
« Reply #20 on: May 03, 2012, 05:30:17 PM »

This module is truly awesome. Kudos! :)

I got a couple of feature requests:
- I miss the possibility to disable the "trigger[1] trigger[2]" before each reply.
- I'd like to be able to modify the triggers through chanserv and not in the channel. It usually takes me a couple of times before I get them right and people don't have to see me modifying them or putting extra triggers into place.

Jan Milants

• Team
bs_fantasy_dt (Dynamic Triggers) - 1.1 Ready for testing
« Reply #21 on: September 12, 2012, 07:07:37 PM »

It has been a while again since I released any update for this module and there have been a couple of bugs, some of which more serious than others, so I will be publishing a new version to the modules site soon..

Before publishing anything to the modules site, I request some people download the latest code from GIT and give it a spin..
This update includes a fix for a crashbug and most of the other changes are general usability improvements.
Find a full change list below, but considering the crashbug and the limited impact of the other changes, I would advise considering deployment of this update to live networks - assuming no major issues are reported here first.. :)

I appreciate all feedback, even if it s just a confirmation everything is working fine..  8)

Download 1.1-GIT: snapshot link.
Repo: http://git.milanza.org/?p=anope-modules/bs_fantasy_dt;a=summary

Changes
- Added checks to try to avoid sending the same reply consecutively when not in LIST mode.
 - Fixed 'dt set dtchar' without arguments resulting in a garbled message.
 - Fixed segfault when 'dt set level' is issued without arguments.
 - Fixed redirecting to always work when redirecting to yourself.
 - Fixed 'dt show' for linked triggers; now shows the summary of the linked trigger.
 - Fixed $d variable not working in reply conditions when reply is randomly selected.
 - Changed '!dt show' to show reply numbers for triggers not in LIST mode. (The numbers are relevant because they are needed to set conditions or delete replies.)

Cedric

• Anope User
« Reply #22 on: March 31, 2014, 12:05:32 AM »

Okay, this is a huge bump ... (I hope you're reading this, Jan! :) )
I was wondering if this module will be ported to Anope 2.0 (it's great).
I'm willing to do some of the heavy lifting if needed.

Jan Milants

• Team
« Reply #23 on: April 16, 2014, 11:13:37 AM »

This module is by far my favourite module, even though it's not exactly used by a lot of people I think.. so yeah, it's gonna someday be ported to 2.0.. (I can't update my own net till I do)
Problem is having the time to do so.. i actually have some changes in GIT to the 1.8 version that haven't even been released yet, so that 'd be the first thing i'd have to do..

Not sure when "someday" is going to be though.. most of my modules i wrote while studying.. now i have to work and my workload has only been going up with recent cost savings.. so not much time left for side projects atm..
Pages: [1]   Go Up