Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Help?  (Read 9253 times)

heinz

(No subject)
« Reply #25 on: August 03, 2007, 07:48:21 AM »

The fact it says 'backtrace not available' would assume it's segfaulted somewhere. Unload all 3rd party modules and try again.

If it still fails to work, grab a copy of your config file and then uninstall and re-install Anope.

katsklaw

(No subject)
« Reply #26 on: August 03, 2007, 09:40:43 PM »

Originally posted by ImmortalGhost
1) Because it doesnt connect to my server...
2) Because I read the readme or soemthign that says when u run Anope.exe it will ask questions or soemthing? and i cant even get anope.exe to stay open, it flashes so fast...

Thats why, as i've explained, numerous times...

And as it has been explained to you already, open a cmd box first, that will insure the cmd promt doesn't close on you.. Follow the instructions given by n00bie.

"Start > Run > type cmd > cd to anope installation folder
type anope.exe -debug"

As for #2, Anope will *not* ask you any questions when you start it, it only asks questions when it is compiled.

[Edited on 3-8-2007 by katsklaw]

ImmortalGhost

(No subject)
« Reply #27 on: August 04, 2007, 12:46:18 AM »

mod edit: flippant comment removed - please see my comment at the end of the thread

-- heinz

[Edited on 4-8-2007 by heinz]

Jobe

• Contributor
    • Anope IRC Services
(No subject)
« Reply #28 on: August 04, 2007, 04:19:33 AM »

There is no need what so ever to speak like that.

Please bear in mind all those who assist and support Anope IRC Services are volunteers, meaning they dont get ANY reward for their support, not to mention they give up their FREE time to help users such as yourself.

The logs you provided to us indicate that either Anope IS running and connected or crashed before it could log any more information.

You've said on more then one occasion that some of the service bots arnt connected, could you tell us what commands you are typing to find that out please? Also can you check /who, and "/whois <botnick>" for each of the bot's you think arnt connected. The reason I suggest /whois is because if youre trying commands like /operserv, /hostserv, etc... then if your IRCd isnt set up correctly they wont always work, where as /whois will always give valid results just as /msg <botnick> is more reliable then /<botnick>

So could you please provide us with details of how you're checking that Anope isn't connected.
Your IP: ()
My IRC Status:

Come along and visit http://www.anopequotes.org/

heinz

(No subject)
« Reply #29 on: August 04, 2007, 05:50:48 PM »

Okay, this has been dragged to far. If you need further help, feel free to either PM me via the forums or mail heinz@anope.org and i'll go through things with you.

I'm locking this thread as well.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up