Anope IRC Services

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Mysql and Access Lists = Crash  (Read 3097 times)

dustout

• Anope User
Mysql and Access Lists = Crash
« on: April 25, 2008, 05:43:46 AM »

When using Anope w/ mySQL, trying to add entries to access lists results in a panic/crash.

/nickserv access list returns three lines with NULL on them (this part may be normal?)

I tried a fix someone suggested where I removed display from being unique in the table, but this didn't stop the crashing.

Right now, all my users have to identify to do anything since the access command just crashes things.  Any ideas? Is there a work-around for this? Access list adding causing a crash is a huge problem.

Thanks!

dustout

• Anope User
(No subject)
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2008, 05:46:43 AM »

Oh, and we didn't notice this problem with 1.6.  We went right to 1.7.21 so we aren't completely sure when this appeared.  We used the new sql table layout too.

Jan Milants

• Team
(No subject)
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2008, 10:21:06 AM »

just dumping to mysql, or actually loading the db from mysql...

it s the NULL entries that are causing your problems.... but they should not be there in the first place!

what modules do you use/did you use on 1.6?
If you like me donate coins to 1FBmZVT4J8WAUMHKqpWhgNVj3XXnRN1cCk :)

dustout

• Anope User
(No subject)
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2008, 12:08:08 AM »

Actually reading the db from mysql.  It works 100% perfectly for me except access lists.

I've tried clearing out the entire access list table to having no entries.  That didn't help either.  /nickserv access list works fine.... but adding causes issues.  I can manually add access entries into the mysql database and nickserv will use them fine so it seems to only fail on adding.

I am only using the default modules for all the services.  Nothing non-default. It's on an unreal32 network.

Jan Milants

• Team
(No subject)
« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2008, 01:42:35 PM »

the fact that is sends (null) entries means it s failing.. just not fatally on your system.

If you still have the 1.6 .db's i d suggest trying to start anope from those and see if that fixes the access list.

also cleaning the entire list in sql will definately NOT, you are just making it worse. in fact the list is already empty, which is the problem in the first place... there are no entries in the list, yet anope expects there to be a number of entries. and when trying to access them it gets (null), when trying to add one after the last one it thinks is there (but is not) it fails.
If you like me donate coins to 1FBmZVT4J8WAUMHKqpWhgNVj3XXnRN1cCk :)

dustout

• Anope User
(No subject)
« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2008, 09:31:17 PM »

What should the default blank entries look like in the db? The access row is blank for all entries by default in ns_access....  When users register, it seems to be adding three null access entries into the table.  I don't have the old database anymore.  I restored the schema for 1.6 on my current db to see if that fixed it, and it didn't.  As far as I can tell, some change in the anope code itself is also causing a problem (possibly the access row being blank instead of having something else?)

I'll try manually putting three access entries in and see if adding an access entry still crashes them.
Pages: [1]   Go Up