Anope IRC Services

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Nick Password's  (Read 5873 times)

snakeyes37

Nick Password's
« on: May 15, 2006, 09:33:37 AM »

Hi,

Is there a way to list all nicks/channels registered on my network with anope? Lookup their password's etc. Is there also anyway to log the passwords people use when they identify?

Thanks.

[Edited on 15-5-2006 by snakeyes37]

Pieter Bootsma

• Team
    • http://geniusdex.net/
(No subject)
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2006, 11:10:54 AM »

Yes. Why would you want to though?

GhosT

(No subject)
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2006, 12:50:55 PM »

Originally posted by snakeyes37
Hi,
Is there a way to list all nicks/channels registered on my network with anope? Lookup their password's etc. Is there also anyway to log the passwords people use when they identify?

Thanks.

[Edited on 15-5-2006 by snakeyes37]

Are you netadmin? Do you want to steal your chatter's password? hehe >:)

Is there a way to list all nicks/channels registered on my network...

I think ./listchan and ./listnick ;) might be what you want. Find these two out in your anope directory..

Dave Robson

• Team
(No subject)
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2006, 06:04:54 PM »

listnick / chan wont dump the password out - if you really want this, you'll have to comeup with a tool to read the .db and pull the passwords out yourself (assuming there not encrypted)

On a side note, what is it with requests to log users passwords recently? dont people see this as a very bad thing?

dragoonkain

(No subject)
« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2006, 06:49:43 PM »

Personally I wish that the GETPASS command didn't exist, and that passwords were always encrypted. Nothing but bad comes out of this.

-Kain

owine

• Anope User
(No subject)
« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2006, 07:59:35 PM »

Originally posted by dragoonkain
Personally I wish that the GETPASS command didn't exist, and that passwords were always encrypted. Nothing but bad comes out of this.

-Kain

agreed. i think admins should only be able to modify users passwords with say /ns reset pass nick which then resets the password to a random string for them to identify once and then change their password. keeping admins access to passwords at a minimum.

silverstorm

(No subject)
« Reply #6 on: May 15, 2006, 10:28:38 PM »

I only use the GETPASS when an user forgets their password and can't reach their mail. Happend ones if I recall correctly.

katsklaw

(No subject)
« Reply #7 on: May 25, 2006, 03:11:31 AM »

getpass and sendpass both can be removed. 1 if you use md5 encrypted passwords (Config option) They are useless. Also in later versions Anope these commands are modules. Find the ChanCoreModules in services.conf and simply delete cs_getpass from the line, save and do a /os reload .. *poof* no more getpass.

[Edited on 25-5-2006 by katsklaw]
Pages: [1]   Go Up