Anope IRC Services

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Anope SQL issue and repair fault.  (Read 3594 times)

Construct

• Anope User
Anope SQL issue and repair fault.
« on: August 29, 2008, 07:41:48 PM »

Please note I did not compile first time but I need it to be resolved for future changes/versions.

After a required shell restart and reload of the system I noticed an issue with anope that caused it to not startup as normal. After going to it and trying to start it manually I came across an error I already read about in this forum that was:

/libexec/ld-elf.so.1: Shared object "libmysqlclient.so.14" not found, required by "services"

Answer to that problem was recompile anope and tell it no when asked to check sql db.
I then ./Config and turned off sql check. When going to do ./make I ran into the problem...
The other person that compiled and set it up the first time has no issues even now doing a /make on the anope. So why me?

*****@**:~/anope-1.7.21$ /make
-bash: /make: No such file or directory
*****@**:~/anope-1.7.21$ /make
-bash: /make: No such file or directory
*****@**:~/anope-1.7.21$ /Make
-bash: /Make: No such file or directory
*****@**:~/anope-1.7.21$ ./Make
-bash: ./Make: No such file or directory
*****@**:~/anope-1.7.21$ ../make
-bash: ../make: No such file or directory
*****@**:~/anope-1.7.21$ ./make
-bash: ./make: No such file or directory
*****@**:~/anope-1.7.21$ /gmake
-bash: /gmake: No such file or directory
*****@**:~/anope-1.7.21$ ./gmake
-bash: ./gmake: No such file or directory

UnDeRGoD

• Anope User
Re: Anope SQL issue and repair fault.
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2008, 07:54:26 PM »

probably because you are typing /make instead of just make or gmake.

Take that / off

Construct

• Anope User
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2008, 08:55:40 PM »

probably because you are typing /make instead of just make or gmake.

Take that / off
gmake makes. How about what could cause services to ignore full Root in services.conf file and prevent that user from accessing /bs add to add a bot? All services seem to ignore any oper over a basic basic oper as being anything more than a regular low end oper?

UnDeRGoD

• Anope User
« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2008, 09:06:25 PM »

Here in services.conf: ServicesRoot   "nick nick nick", make sure there are any # before the "ServicesRoot". Users cant use /botserv bot add, only Services Admin.

To give services access to opers (that has +o flag) you should take a look: /operserv help oper and /operserv help admin

katsklaw

« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2008, 11:02:44 PM »

Here in services.conf: ServicesRoot   "nick nick nick", make sure there are any # before the "ServicesRoot". Users cant use /botserv bot add, only Services Admin.

To give services access to opers (that has +o flag) you should take a look: /operserv help oper and /operserv help admin

Services will not start if ServicesRoot is commented out, nor will it start again after a restart. Nor will an /os reload be successful. So if OperServ is issuing Access Denied .. it's guaranteed not to be ServicesRoot being commented.

However, to gain access to any OperServ/NickServ/ChanServ/BotServ command that requires OperServ access you need:

1> identify to a registered nick that is on the access list. [ /os staff ]
2> you *must* be using a nick on the access list. [you must see a * next to your nick, in the output of /os staff]
3> must be /oper'ed with a global O:Line
4> You must have sufficient access to the command in question, this means that if you are trying to use /os set *, you must be Root

« Last Edit: August 29, 2008, 11:05:30 PM by katsklaw »

Construct

• Anope User
« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2008, 01:34:15 AM »

Thank you everyone for the help I wrote the post after being up a really long time due to the shell caused an error (whether it be on another account or just ours) and caused us to have to reset everything when anope whent nuts ^_^ All the help received helped get us back on track. If any more issues arise I hope I cant count on you all in providing the excellent help you have here. FIXED
Pages: [1]   Go Up