Denora Stats (discontinued) > Denora 1.5.x Support (Read Only)

stats.pid erased

<< < (2/3) > >>

Charles Kingsley:
Worth using yours instead of ours? :)

(otherwise I'll look at ours later on)

katsklaw:

--- Quote from: Charles Kingsley on May 28, 2010, 06:46:33 PM ---Worth using yours instead of ours? :)

(otherwise I'll look at ours later on)

--- End quote ---

Actually "ours" has always done this. At least since 1.6. The script deletes the pid for some unknown to me reason. IIRC, the system will create/overwrite the .pid file to start with. I think back in about 07/08 I asked GD to explain why "our" script deletes the pid and while the explanation he gave me made sense, I cant exactly remember why or why it only happens sometimes. But this is an old issue and is/was in the bugtracker at one point. Personally I just used a modified version of Unreal's ircdchk script.

Charles Kingsley:

--- Quote ---Actually "ours" has always done this.

--- End quote ---

Nobody said it didn't.

Taylor:
In the cronscript packed with anope it seems the  $ANOPIDF   is used for the pid file, but later on in the if  where it greps  that  it uses $ANOPID   Missed a letter :p  I don't know anything about shell scripting really, but is this the problem perhaps?

katsklaw:

--- Quote from: Charles Kingsley on May 30, 2010, 07:28:34 AM ---Nobody said it didn't.

--- End quote ---

Just like no one claimed that you was saying it never happened before. I'm sorry, I assumed that you'd be able to understand what I was referring to as long as you have known me. I'll be more clear in the future.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version