Anope IRC Services

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Question about auto-op for the first user on a chan  (Read 5753 times)

Y.

• Anope User
Question about auto-op for the first user on a chan
« on: October 02, 2010, 07:57:38 AM »

Hi there,
a few weeks ago, I migrated from ircservices to Anope (1.8.4). It works fine so far, but I have difficulties with one thing: I want to deactivate AOP for the first user on a (registered) channel - I just can't find the option.
-ChanServ- Information for channel #bla:
-ChanServ-         Founder: Jimini
-ChanServ-     Description: blah.
-ChanServ-      Registered: Sep 15 19:30:26 2010 CEST
-ChanServ-       Last used: Oct 02 08:48:51 2010 CEST
-ChanServ-        Ban type: 2
-ChanServ-         Options: Topic Retention, Peace, Secure, Secure Ops, Secure Founder, Signed kicks
-ChanServ-       Mode lock: +nrt
-ChanServ- This channel will not expire.

I remember, that ircservices had such an option - when the first user joined a registered channel, ChanServ joined and deopped him. I'm sure Anope is able to do that, too. But how?
Help would be really appreciated.

Best regards,
Jimini

P.S.: I use UnrealIRCD 3.2.8.1-r1.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2010, 05:57:04 PM by Y. »

Taylor

• Contributor
Re: Question about auto-op for the first user on a chan
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2010, 06:39:16 PM »

It should do that be default.. Check they aren't on the access list and are you using the access system or xOP ? and 1.8.5 is out i recommend updating
Cronus
irc.cncirc.net
http://CnCIRC.net

Y.

• Anope User
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2010, 03:13:03 AM »

I use xOP, my server knows only two registered users: me and my eggdrop. While I have deactivated AOP for me (/msg nickserv set autoop off), the eggdrop is on the VOP list. I have two registered channels, one with +n-modelock, the other one with +nt-modelock. If the channels are empty (usually the bot is there), the first user gets +o.
I have reproduced this problem by registering a new channel. Although NickServ should _not_ op me, I get +o, when I join #test.

My two servers run Gentoo Linux, which provides Anope only up to version 1.8.4 at the moment.

Best regards,
Jimini
« Last Edit: October 03, 2010, 03:25:37 AM by Y. »

LEthaLity

• Team
    • LEthaLity
« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2010, 06:24:38 AM »

you will get +o unless you tell unreal not to, by using it's modes on join setting, anope only reacts to the ircd, it cant stop things happening.
It's the ircd that's setting you +o (unless you can show otherwise), and anope wont remove it whilst you're identified because you have access in that channel, if you /ns logout, chanserv will deop you when you rejoin.

Y.

• Anope User
« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2010, 06:38:11 AM »

As far as I know, IRC-services in general are able to regulate that: if someone opens a channel by joining it, he gets opped. If someone joins a registered channel, the services should be able to a) give him +o (if he has the correct permissions) or b) take his o-flag.

I'm pretty sure that this is possible - perhaps this is just not implemented yet?

Best regards,
Jimini
Pages: [1]   Go Up