Anope IRC Services

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Anope 2.0.X Channels Registered...  (Read 4030 times)

John Riley

• Anope User
Anope 2.0.X Channels Registered...
« on: April 03, 2017, 07:28:46 PM »

To whoever can help me,

I have a logged in and out of my personal IRC server once a week (Sometimes more) with a script to keep me from unregistering my nick.  However the other night my server machine needed rebooted for a complete upgrade.  I got done rebooting and logged into the IRC server.  Anope told me that my nick was unregistered.  So I re-registered my nick and decided to register my channels, but I got this error:

[13:23] [Notice] -ChanServ- Channel #opers is already registered!

When I do the info command for the channel INFO I get this:

[13:23] [Notice] -ChanServ- Information for channel #opers:
[13:23] [Notice] -ChanServ-     Founder: slashbot
[13:23] [Notice] -ChanServ- Description: Official Services and Oper Channel of rileypcmd.com
[13:23] [Notice] -ChanServ-  Registered: Nov 17 10:26:20 2016 Central Standard Time (137 days, 1 hour, 57 minutes ago)
[13:23] [Notice] -ChanServ-   Last used: Apr 03 13:03:58 2017 Central Daylight Time (19 minutes ago)
[13:23] [Notice] -ChanServ-    Ban type: 2
[13:23] [Notice] -ChanServ-     Expires: Apr 17 13:03:58 2017 Central Daylight Time (13 days, 23 hours, 40 minutes from now)
[13:23] [Notice] -ChanServ-   Mode lock: +nt
[13:23] [Notice] -ChanServ-     Options: Peace, Security, Secure founder, Signed kicks, Topic retention

The founder is my IRCBot instead of me.  How do I unregister a channel?  So, I can re-registered under the right founder?  How did my bot become the founder?
I did the command:  /ChanServ OWNER #opers
ChanServ gave my Owner rights, but I still can't actually register a channel that was originally to me to begin with.

Thanks for any and all help.

genius3000

• Anope User
Re: Anope 2.0.X Channels Registered...
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2017, 10:30:03 PM »

How did my bot become the founder?
First guess, it was set as the successor. Your nick expired/dropped for some reason, therefore the successor took over the channel. If it wasn't set as successor, then I'm not sure how/why it did that.

How do I unregister a channel?  So, I can re-registered under the right founder?
To unregister a channel (or "drop" a channel), use: /ChanServ DROP channel channel  Keep in mind that you need to be at least Services Operator (with appropriate permissions to do this).
Better yet, you can change the founder of a registered channel using: /ChanServ SET FOUNDER channel nick  Same note applies here as with dropping a channel.

Beyond that, I would double check (and probably increase) your nick and channel expire times, looks like you've got the (default?) of 14d for channels. You could also set NOEXPIRE for your nick and/or channels. /NickServ help saset noexpire and /ChanServ help set noexpire
-genius3000

pralinka

• Anope User
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2017, 11:42:02 PM »

Well its not a first time i see users being lost with this feature implemented in anope 2.0.
If the nickname of the founder expires and there isnt any successor set channel ownership is automatically transfered to the first nick in the access list with the highest level. It happens even if everybody in the access are voice, then first one on the list became a new founder automatically. In addition user becaming a new founder doesnt know it happened because his old access level is keeped till it wont be deleted manually via command. I saw many users complaining about it. The correct way should be possibility to choose that way of services work (the other way should be foundership transfer via successor set only). It shouldnt be set by default. Many people dont understand how it works and why that way.

John Riley

• Anope User
« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2017, 03:58:56 PM »

First guess, it was set as the successor. Your nick expired/dropped for some reason, therefore the successor took over the channel. If it wasn't set as successor, then I'm not sure how/why it did that.
To unregister a channel (or "drop" a channel), use: /ChanServ DROP channel channel  Keep in mind that you need to be at least Services Operator (with appropriate permissions to do this).
Better yet, you can change the founder of a registered channel using: /ChanServ SET FOUNDER channel nick  Same note applies here as with dropping a channel.

Beyond that, I would double check (and probably increase) your nick and channel expire times, looks like you've got the (default?) of 14d for channels. You could also set NOEXPIRE for your nick and/or channels. /NickServ help saset noexpire and /ChanServ help set noexpire

Thanks for all your help.  I set my nick not to expire and then changed myself to the founder on all my channels.  Thanks again.
Pages: [1]   Go Up