Anope IRC Services

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Crash/hang  (Read 2774 times)

pavlov

Crash/hang
« on: July 16, 2006, 11:56:23 AM »

I'm trying to move our 1.7.9 anope install to 1.7.14 (I've tried to upgrade to other versions along the way but seem to always hit a snag of some sort (wouldn't take passwords for new users, etc)).

I tried moving to 1.7.14.  Built with default ./Config not using mysql using md5 passwords.  Rebuilt the .conf based on the new example.conf one (since our old version didn't have modules).  No real changes from the default config.

I copied over the .db files and ran it with -debug -nofork and watched it for a while.  Things seemed to be running great so I shutdown and reran without those flags.  After a while I tried to drop a test nick I had registered and got:
*** glibc detected *** free(): invalid next size (fast): 0x09ce9d58 ***
anope hung and I had to kill it.  Known bug/issue?  Seems bad.

heinz

(No subject)
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2006, 02:52:06 PM »

You can help us find what the cause of the issue is by running the following. Chances are it could be a module problem, or an issue with core.

The following steps will create a backtrace of the problem, so we can tell which piece of code is causing the problem:

1) Instead of starting services with the usual command, start them with: gdb services
2) Let Anope load and connect to your IRC Server.
3) Perform the command or action that made Anope crash
4) At the gdb prompt in the shell, type bt
5) Paste the results of the bt, plus the last few lines from the log above, into this thread.

We should then be able to tell you whereabouts the problem lies :)
Pages: [1]   Go Up