Anope IRC Services

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: edit ChanServ/OperServ  (Read 2493 times)

genesiz

• Anope User
edit ChanServ/OperServ
« on: May 30, 2008, 12:53:40 PM »

Hello people, I have some questions:

- Am i able to give people with Admin/Sysop/Guide in their name mode +q though OperServ/ChanServ when they enter a channel?
- Am i able to make sure NOBODY can remove mode q from ANYONE ?
- Am i able to 'edit' ChanServ so it will give mode +ao when someone joins (creates) a chan as the first person in case of +qo ?

Thanks

Genesis/paradox

Jan Milants

• Team
(No subject)
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2008, 02:36:17 PM »

1 - I m guessing you mean channel mode +q here and not usermode +q... and no you cannot. Anope is build around the NickServ system and chanserv will use a nickserv account to lookup peoples' access.
Of course you can write your own module to do this..

2 - Anope cannot prevent mode changes, it s up to the ircd to prevent things from happening. Anope only knows about it after it happened so it can only react to it.
And here too you could write a module that gives poeple +q again if it s taken from them, but only other +q's can remove +q anyways.  I would thing the channel owner has the right to chose whom he gives +q and also has the right to take +q away again.

3 - We do not support modifying the anope source in any way.
+q  means owner so the person who registers the channel gets +q from services since he is set as the owner. Ppl who simply join the channel after it s already registered, even if they r first in the channel will not get +q..
This btw is almost impossible to change through a module...

[Edited on 30-5-2008 by Viper]
If you like me donate coins to 1FBmZVT4J8WAUMHKqpWhgNVj3XXnRN1cCk :)

genesiz

• Anope User
(No subject)
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2008, 03:05:54 PM »

Allright, many thanks for your help

a guy called Casper helped me out with these things, on how to do it a diff way :)

Ty!

katsklaw

(No subject)
« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2008, 08:42:43 PM »

#3 Anope should be able to send modes on EVENT_JOIN_CHANNEL if the population of the channel is 1 (ci->usercount perhaps) and not registered.
Pages: [1]   Go Up