Anope IRC Services

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: ChanServ not idleing channels?  (Read 2437 times)

Lucas

• Anope User
ChanServ not idleing channels?
« on: May 23, 2008, 04:46:10 AM »

I just got UnrealIRCd with Anope 1.7.x and everything seems to be working, I can register nicks and channels but no bot comes to the channel to idle once registered. Is there any special conf I am missing? I did a few searches with no luck.

n00bie

• Anope User
(No subject)
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2008, 08:34:55 AM »

oper up, log in as Services Admin and do /BotServ HELP BOT or /BotServ HELP ASSIGN

[Edit: or use the 3rd party module cs_join from the modules site]

[Edited on 23-5-2008 by n00bie]
I am always doing things that which I cannot do, in order that I may learn how to do it.

Jan Milants

• Team
(No subject)
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2008, 11:38:25 AM »

it is possible to set a default botserv bot to automatically join new channels upon registration. Just search the modules site :)
If you like me donate coins to 1FBmZVT4J8WAUMHKqpWhgNVj3XXnRN1cCk :)

katsklaw

(No subject)
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2008, 02:11:37 PM »

Originally posted by Lucas
I just got UnrealIRCd with Anope 1.7.x and everything seems to be working, I can register nicks and channels but no bot comes to the channel to idle once registered. Is there any special conf I am missing? I did a few searches with no luck.

The official answer to this is Anope Services does not support ChanServ in channels. If you are looking for official in-channel support you have the wrong services package. So the only thing "missing" is your understanding of how ChanServ is designed to work.

If you are persistant at having Anope services with ChanServ in-channel, then be prepared to face awkward results, bug like experiences and even channel or server desynchs and use a 3rd party module. However, these modules are not suggested, recommended or even supported by the Anope Team what so ever.

Since ChanServ's invention in 1994, it has NEVER needed to be in a channel to manage a channel, most people want chanserv in channel to "hold the channel open" .. this is a task for a client bot such as Eggdrop or the 2564563456 other client scripts/bots NOT a job for services.

[Edited on 23-5-2008 by katsklaw]
Pages: [1]   Go Up