Anope IRC Services

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Invite System  (Read 10222 times)

Andrey

• Anope User
    • RedeNorte
Invite System
« on: January 06, 2010, 07:36:24 AM »

i think if its possible make an invite system, for example, only email that recevied an invite can register nick or enter in network(maybe only registered nicks can enter in channels or open pvt). Its work with an code recevied on email, like /msg nickserv register senha email code. And command, like /msg nickserv invite email for admins only or can give invites for uses, maybe gain automatic invites for time that nicks have register, ex: gain 1 invite for month.

Its possible in module?

Andrey

• Anope User
    • RedeNorte
Re: Invite System
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2010, 04:28:35 PM »

somebody?

LEthaLity

• Team
    • LEthaLity
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2010, 04:50:00 PM »

it would be possible, although most would say that services isnt really meant for controlling access to the server, ircd should handle that. You'd have to decide exactly what you want, it would work best on a server where channel creation was restricted to opers, simply set +R to all the channels, not  sure how you'd deal with uninvited users who could just sit on server

Andrey

• Anope User
    • RedeNorte
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2010, 04:14:07 PM »

it would be possible, although most would say that services isnt really meant for controlling access to the server, ircd should handle that. You'd have to decide exactly what you want, it would work best on a server where channel creation was restricted to opers, simply set +R to all the channels, not  sure how you'd deal with uninvited users who could just sit on server
Thanks for reply!
Yes, i can make this modes in ircd(only registered nicks can enter in channels or open pvt). But need the invitation system on services.

Andrey

• Anope User
    • RedeNorte
« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2010, 07:00:07 AM »

:(

Jan Milants

• Team
« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2010, 08:15:24 AM »

this is not something that will be implemented in the Anope core. There is no demand for such a feature.. You can already restrict registering of nicks to IRCops so they might as well register the nick for the given user imho...

You ll have to ask a 3rd party module author, if you find one that s interested..
If you like me donate coins to 1FBmZVT4J8WAUMHKqpWhgNVj3XXnRN1cCk :)

Andrey

• Anope User
    • RedeNorte
« Reply #6 on: November 12, 2010, 04:39:01 AM »

ok, forget my last request.

I have new idea, maybe an module make an user send an invite for an friend, like /nickserv invite email@email.com

and friend recevied an email with nick of user and instruction about access network.

need flood control too.

Thanks =]

katsklaw

• Supporter
  • Anope User
« Reply #7 on: November 12, 2010, 02:44:17 PM »

it seems to me that your main goal is to only have users that are invited on your network.

IF that statement is true it's extremely easy to do. Just do 1 or both of the following:

1> password protect your allow block(s), then email the password to those that you want invited.
2> Make all your ircds listen to odd ports like 7667 instead of 6667, then again email instructions to the users you want invited.

Then you can also use the setting of umode and cmode +R on all users and channels to catch those that aren't invited in "limbo" until an ircop registers their nick for them. the flood control is built into the ircd. You can also use forced join on connect, if your ircd supports it, to force users into an ircop controlled channel so the users can ask to be invited.

Low tech is sometimes best tech.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2010, 02:48:50 PM by katsklaw »

Andrey

• Anope User
    • RedeNorte
« Reply #8 on: November 12, 2010, 04:53:50 PM »

katsklaw thanks for answer.

i dont need more only users invited, but only one more system for friends invite friends.

Thanks

katsklaw

• Supporter
  • Anope User
« Reply #9 on: November 12, 2010, 05:09:59 PM »

katsklaw thanks for answer.

i dont need more only users invited, but only one more system for friends invite friends.

Thanks

No problem. One thing to keep in mind though it that it's not always a good idea to have software that uses resources, like cpu cycles, ram, electricity etc to be used to make up for user laziness. Yes, it's a good idea to cater to your users, but somethings just need to be avoided. Using all your resources on optional features leaves little for required features. makes services/ircds slow and no one likes a laggy network! ;)

Sometimes it's best to just say "no" to user requests or let them figure it out on their own. If users really like your network, they will do all the inviting on their own. :)

Good Luck.
Pages: [1]   Go Up