Anope IRC Services

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Module to sync nickserv with phpbb (help finding it)  (Read 6039 times)

FriedCPU

Module to sync nickserv with phpbb (help finding it)
« on: March 26, 2007, 11:52:01 PM »

Hi,
I was wondering if anybody knows a module that syncs the nickserv database with phpbb, so when a user registers it automaticly gives them a forum account.

I am 99% sure I found such a module but I cannot find it again, Please tell me I didn't just imagine it :(

I have searched the modules database, the old modules database and googled for hours, I cant find it.

Any help would be great.

[Edited on 26-3-2007 by FriedCPU]

Jan Milants

• Team
(No subject)
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2007, 09:06:09 AM »

i don't think this is a module that would do that.. at least not an anope module at least. More likely anope was set to export its database to sql and the forum or another scripts reads this database...
If you like me donate coins to 1FBmZVT4J8WAUMHKqpWhgNVj3XXnRN1cCk :)

heinz

(No subject)
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2007, 09:11:56 AM »

I've certainly worked on several modules that did this kind of thing. One from forum -> irc, and one from irc -> forum.

It's been a while since any work was done on either of them, and i'm not sure if I still have any of the sources lying around. DrStein may have one or two files from one of the modules, but it's a long shot.

Either way, it's on my incredibly long to-do list, and something will appear shortly about it.

GhosT

(No subject)
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2007, 01:40:40 PM »

I ever saw one here: http://drstein.chatadventista.com/ but it is not a free module ;(

katsklaw

(No subject)
« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2007, 06:01:05 PM »

Originally posted by GhosT
I ever saw one here: http://drstein.chatadventista.com/ but it is not a free module ;(

If it's on Dr Steins website, then it's likely old and may not work with newer versions of Anope. Also there is nothing wrong with paying for a module. Module coders have to eat too.

If you don't want to pay for a module, then you will have to either learn to code it yourself or do without. Sorry, if I sound rude but I severely dislike it when people expect coders to work their asses off and then give their product away for free. To me that's very disrespectful. If a coder chooses to give their works away for free, you should be very grateful of their generosity. Unfortunately, many people fail to see all the hard work that goes into projects like an IRCd or Services package and are not grateful for what they have received.

FriedCPU

(No subject)
« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2007, 10:19:01 AM »

that was the one I found, Just couldnt remember where lol, thanks alot :)
Pages: [1]   Go Up