Anope IRC Services

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Install problems for Anope 1.8.0-rc1  (Read 5704 times)

Skipwich

• Anope User
Install problems for Anope 1.8.0-rc1
« on: November 12, 2008, 03:47:42 PM »

I installed Anope 1.8.0-rc1 after downloading it from this site.  It was installed on a computer running a 500Mhz Pentium 2 processor, 256MB RAM, and Windows 2000 Professional SP4.

After I installed it I tried to run Anope IRC Services on this computer and got an error message saying: "Could not find module MSVCR80.dll in any of the following folders:..."     and then it would list the folders it searched through but could not find it.  I would then click the OK button on the message and nothing would happen. 
After this I went online and downloaded the missing .dll file (MSVCR80.dll) and put it in C:/WINNT, as it was one of the folders listed on the error message.  When I clicked on the Anope IRC services again, it would flash open a command prompt window and then the command prompt window would disappear, and then nothing would happen afterward.

Is this a problem with the .dll (replacment .dll or how it was missing in the first place), or is it the operating system, or what my computer is running hardware-wise?  Am I missing anything important that also needs to be downloaded/installed along with Anope 1.8.0-rc1? Please help me out here!  ??? ??? :-\

If you could help out, it would be greatly appreciated. 

Again, thanks in advance,
Skip

EDIT: I've changed your version to 1.8.0 as per your other post to make it more friendly for future searching etc. - Charles Kingsley
« Last Edit: November 12, 2008, 08:23:25 PM by chaz »

Charles Kingsley

• Contributor
Re: Install problems for Anope 1.6.5
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2008, 04:35:45 PM »

Hello,

1.6.x isn't supported on Windows so I'd urge you to retry with 1.8.0 RC1.

Skipwich

• Anope User
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2008, 08:02:30 PM »

I'm sorry but I got the version wrong- I was typing the on the forum at a different computer other than the one I am using for Anope.

The version is 1.8.0 rc1, not 1.6.x, sorry for the confusion. :o :-X

Again can anyone help me out?

Thanks in advance,
Skip

Charles Kingsley

• Contributor
« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2008, 08:21:11 PM »

If you're getting the command prompt showing up and disappearing it tends to mean its running successfully but that there's something up with your config.

Open a command prompt via start, run, cmd.
Navigate to where you installed anope, normally C:\Program Files\Anope and run anope.exe from there and see if it gives an error, or alternatively anope.exe -debug -nofork and it will give you some more info.
Pages: [1]   Go Up