Anope IRC Services

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Chanserv joins #services channel, but config file channel list is commented out?  (Read 2176 times)

seth

• Anope User

I am using Anope 2.0.9 in combination with UnrealIRCd 5.0.9.1.  I have the main services config file setup to log to both services.log and the channel #services.

For some reason, the ChanServ bot joins the #services channel.  The chanserv config file is unchanged from the example file from the initial install.  The channels line in the config is commented out with a "#".  I even tried deleting this line entirely and reloading the services and nothing changed.  For some reason it is only the ChanServ bot that does this. 

Any ideas?

Lord255

• Anope User

hai!

did you load this module?

https://github.com/anope/anope/blob/9483da32392f65a663edcaacc9b00ff0430494ee/data/botserv.example.conf#L157-L170

cuz i think that is the reason. should be the only one. :)

regards.

seth

• Anope User

Commenting here to keep a record for anyone else having this problem.

I removed the module you mentioned.  This isn't enough to stop the problem, just prevent it from happening again.  I tried unassigning ChanServ (using the BotServ command) from the #services channel, but everytime I reloaded the services it would return.  I also tried using the "Set Nobot" command, but again reloading the services would cause the problem to return.

I eventually just dropped (unregistered) the channel and registered it again.  That seemed to resolve it.

Lord255

• Anope User

huh wow. i never tried the drop myself either..
but yes, i told you in channel (irc.anope.org @ #anope) that i have an other idea how this can happen and that exactly the proble mwhich iam facing all the time.
i just dont really restart anope, so it happens once a year or maybe only twice, but i have exactly one channel where i can see that the prob exists.

i have no clue why it happens, i guess its a bug. but i will drop the channel too and i hope it will work for me too (of course this is just a workaround. :))
Pages: [1]   Go Up