Anope IRC Services

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: xml-rpc module  (Read 3548 times)

SamuelDr

xml-rpc module
« on: August 19, 2007, 05:00:19 AM »

Hi!
I want to somehow use the xml-rpc module (which I found here: http://www.ircz.fr/index.php?dcdown=ok&categorie=9 first download link), but the README is quite sparse on informations on how to use this. It says that there is a php example setup provided, but there's only .c and .h files in the archive. There are no urls at all in the archive which could help me find the original authors and to see if there's a new version.

Has somebody here had any experience with that module (or a similar one)?
It would be used primarily to register nicks through a web interface and to use the same username/password for every services our network aims to provide.

Thanks!

Trystan Scott Lee

• Contributor
(No subject)
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2007, 04:48:26 PM »

this is a module written by Rob.. its a bit ugly but it does work, apparently whom ever posted it on ircz.fr stripped the php example files from it, they were part of the archive that Rob had out originally. The draw backs to this module relates to how the anope core deals with call backs and sockets..
my God my tourniquet, return to me salvation

Armadillo

• Anope User
    • http://www.penguinfriends.org
(No subject)
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2007, 03:53:29 PM »

The module works? On my server it doesn't compile with the error, that xmlrpc_abyss.h doesn't exist. When I comment the line in the rpc.h out where it should be included, the compiling works, but when I try to load the module into the services I get the following error:

[Aug 20 16:48:00 2007] Trying to load module [xmlrpc]
[Aug 20 16:48:00 2007] Module xmlrpc is compiled against an older version of anope (unknown)
[Aug 20 16:48:00 2007] Rebuild module xmlrpc against the current version to resolve this error
[Aug 20 16:48:00 2007] Module loading status: 6 (Module Error, Error during load time or module returned MOD_STOP)

Could it be that my version of xmlrpc (should be 1.10.00) doesn't work with this module?
IRC-Network: irc.PenguinFriends.org | Website: www.PenguinFriends.org
Anope: 1.9.9 | InspIRCd: 2.0
Pages: [1]   Go Up