Anope IRC Services

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: ircd-hybrid protocol  (Read 6261 times)

savvas

• Anope User
ircd-hybrid protocol
« on: October 27, 2011, 01:48:10 PM »

hello, should i use in anope 1.9.5 conf ratbox protocol for hybrid-ircd ? 

Jan Milants

• Team
Re: ircd-hybrid protocol
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2011, 02:42:39 PM »

last I checked there were significant changes between ratbox and hybrid protocol... one being TS6 and the other not so i find it unlikely the ratbox protocol working for hybrid.. so the answer is probably "no"..

ircd support is not a high priority of the dev branch at the moment..  the more are supported, the more need to be maintained whenever the core is changed. the less common ircd's (that are still maintained) may get support modules when the API stabilizes, closer towards the end of the dev track. for testing purposes it sufffices for 1.9 to have a protocol module for an ircd that uses a specific part of the cores API (eg: at least one must use the TS6 functionality)..
If you like me donate coins to 1FBmZVT4J8WAUMHKqpWhgNVj3XXnRN1cCk :)

savvas

• Anope User
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2011, 09:34:21 AM »

so there is no chance to include hybrid protocol to dev release ? wondering when we check for anope bugs with hybrid ;p

Jan Milants

• Team
« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2011, 09:40:45 AM »

ircd support is entirely modular so it s fairly easy to write and maintain it 3rd party (eg: insp 1.2 support for 1.8 was provided as a 3rd party module for a significant time), but no new protocol modules are being included in the core for the time being..
when such a module is added, it s unlikely that there will be many real "anope bugs" with hybrid.. issues would likely be in the protocol module itself since the anope core will have been tested with other ircd's already and hybrid doesn't really use any feature that could only be tested with hybrid..
If you like me donate coins to 1FBmZVT4J8WAUMHKqpWhgNVj3XXnRN1cCk :)

Fawkes

• Anope User
« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2011, 01:22:45 AM »

last time i checked it out, it worked with the ratbox module...
if you install your contrib modules in hybrid, you should be able to use anope without problems
Pages: [1]   Go Up