Anope IRC Services

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: [FEATURE] Exempt Email Addresses Domains on NickServ  (Read 10567 times)

kyroskoh

• Anope User
[FEATURE] Exempt Email Addresses Domains on NickServ
« on: April 17, 2011, 05:04:27 PM »

Hi,

I would like to request for such module for exempting various domain email address like free email addresses such as hotmail.com, yahoo.com etc. The user can only register the account with an ISP email or paid domain email address.

Charles Kingsley

• Contributor
Re: [FEATURE] Exempt Email Addresses Domains on NickServ
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2011, 05:19:15 PM »

Could be useful if you have persistent offenders using set domains, could be expanded by regex on forbids on nicks, idents, etc.

Don't think it will work for blocking all free email domains unless you sit and type them all in (and then another one will turn up tomorrow.)

katsklaw

• Supporter
  • Anope User
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2011, 05:30:16 PM »

There is an really old 1.6 module that I think may still work called os_blacklistemail.

http://www.eroin.org/raistlin/Anope-Services-Modul/Anope-Modul/os_blacklistemail.c

kyroskoh

• Anope User
« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2011, 06:02:29 PM »

Could be useful if you have persistent offenders using set domains, could be expanded by regex on forbids on nicks, idents, etc.

Don't think it will work for blocking all free email domains unless you sit and type them all in (and then another one will turn up tomorrow.)

Thanks Charles, but I still need such modules for blacklist the domain emails. Not the nicks/idents that I wanted. But I would rather willing to type the free email providers in. =x

kyroskoh

• Anope User
« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2011, 06:05:09 PM »

There is an really old 1.6 module that I think may still work called os_blacklistemail.

http://www.eroin.org/raistlin/Anope-Services-Modul/Anope-Modul/os_blacklistemail.c

Yup. I need something similar just like that to be compatible on Anope 1.8.5 or 1.9.0. I tried to compile it, there's install error. I will try to debug it. On the other hand, I had searched the similar thread: http://forum.anope.org/index.php?topic=2548.0 which is posted in year 2009. It seems no one had updated such module. =\

Charles Kingsley

• Contributor
« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2011, 06:25:01 PM »

Thanks Charles, but I still need such modules for blacklist the domain emails. Not the nicks/idents that I wanted. But I would rather willing to type the free email providers in. =x

I'm aware of your needs but I was thinking that since your needs won't be as important to other people having this combined with a bigger picture enhancement would yield a better response.

katsklaw

• Supporter
  • Anope User
« Reply #6 on: April 17, 2011, 06:54:59 PM »

I'll second his request. Having the ability to blacklist abusive email addresses isn't a bad idea. I used to use os_blacklistemail personally.

Kek Hean, Piang

• Anope User
« Reply #7 on: April 22, 2011, 04:51:23 AM »

I'll second this request as well, I'm looking this Modules too =)

Scott Garron

• Anope User
    • AnthroChat
« Reply #8 on: February 19, 2012, 03:35:54 AM »

I just replied to the old (January 2009) post with updated information about this module (finally).  If anyone is still interested in using it, and you end up here before I release the newest version to modules.anope.org, read my entry on that post:

http://forum.anope.org/index.php?topic=2548.msg19918#msg19918
Pages: [1]   Go Up