Anope IRC Services

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: MemoServ and Nickserv  (Read 9270 times)

cain

• Anope User
    • http://www.XircN.com
MemoServ and Nickserv
« on: August 11, 2007, 05:56:30 PM »

If the command is already in use then please help me out with it. Anyway my idea is kind of like noop but different yet. When someone adds a user to the access list, a command like to confirm whether or not the user will accept or deny the through memoserv. So basically an option to be able to set to approve or disapprove or by default the way it is now.

katsklaw

(No subject)
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2007, 07:13:23 PM »

if you are refering to something like DALnet's NOOP command, then it's been requested before.

[14.13.15] -NickServ- ***** NickServ Help *****
[14.13.15] -NickServ- Command - SET NOOP
[14.13.15] -NickServ- Usage   - SET NOOP ON|OFF
[14.13.15] -NickServ-  
[14.13.15] -NickServ- When this is on, ChanServ will not allow your nick to be added to
[14.13.15] -NickServ- any AOp/SOp lists in any channels. Whoever tries to add you will
[14.13.15] -NickServ- get a notice from ChanServ back saying that you have NOOP set on.
[14.13.15] -NickServ-  
[14.13.15] -NickServ- Example:
[14.13.15] -NickServ- /msg NickServ@services.dal.net SET NOOP ON
[14.13.16] -NickServ- ***** End of Help *****

cain

• Anope User
    • http://www.XircN.com
Ok
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2007, 04:18:31 PM »

Thanks katsklaw, I know the command for noop is there, however, I wasn't sure if it worked the way you have explained it or not. I thought it worked as just no auto op when joining channels.

katsklaw

(No subject)
« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2007, 12:00:19 AM »

the /operserv noop command that is in Anope is NOT the same thing! Not even close. I've mentioned this feature before and iirc someone was working on a module to add it 3rd party.

I'm also pushing to get it added to the core. However, that may take a while still as we need to get 1.8 out as well as higher priorities fixed/added/changed before we can get to this request.

fudge

(No subject)
« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2007, 01:54:46 PM »

This is a good idea, a buddy or auth list list for recieving memos. Accept or deny. Also similar system in nickserv for accepting access list entries.

heinz

(No subject)
« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2007, 04:57:47 PM »

I started on a cs_notifyaccess module a while back, but the source is currently evading me. Once I find it again, i'll let you know. It was kind of the thing you were looking for, but it didn't give the recipient an option to allow/deny, just inform them.

[Edited on 30-9-2007 by heinz]

fudge

(No subject)
« Reply #6 on: October 05, 2007, 12:49:19 AM »

Did/would cs_notifyaccess use a memo to inform user or what? :)

heinz

(No subject)
« Reply #7 on: October 05, 2007, 03:19:03 PM »

If the user was online and identified, they'd get a notice/msg. If they wern't, a memo would be sent so they knew when they got back online.

Still can't find the source though..

katsklaw

(No subject)
« Reply #8 on: October 05, 2007, 09:19:28 PM »

there is a ns_noop module now so this issue should be handled.
Pages: [1]   Go Up