Anope IRC Services

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Chanserv !protect problem (Win32.v1.7.13)  (Read 7962 times)

WyRD

Chanserv !protect problem (Win32.v1.7.13)
« on: March 23, 2006, 02:18:06 AM »

okkies hmm where to start :+
well i guess i should say what version and ircd i'm using

Anope.IRC.Services.Win32.v1.7.13 Development Release and IRCD to Unreal.IRCD.Win32.v3.2.4 ( yep running on winblows, i know i should  use a *nix version but i'm a bit of a gui boy lol)

Now 1st off i'm a bit of a n00b with anope and ircd's (has been a fun learning experience :D , I have successfully set up a ircd with anope services and all seems to be working  great even tho it's a development rls of anope.(great work Anope team)
The only problem I seem to be having is a minnor one ( thank god lol) and seems to be with the  !protect command, now when i'm identified as a channel founder !protect and !protect nickname  work fine but these commands don't seem to work for any of the SOP's ;(. I am jsut wonding if  this is a bug or if the !protect command is only limited to channel founders (even tho the chanserv help states as follows:

-ChanServ- Syntax: PROTECT [#channel [nick]]
-ChanServ- Protects a selected nick on a channel. If nick is not given,
-ChanServ- it will protect you. If channel and nick are not given,
-ChanServ- it will protect you on all channels you're on, provided you
-ChanServ- have the rights to.
-ChanServ- By default, limited to the founder, or to SOPs or those with
-ChanServ- level 10 and above on the channel for self protecting.

any info regarding this would be greatly thanked :)

lonewolf

(No subject)
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2006, 10:29:04 PM »

Are they on the sop list or access level 10 ?
(/cs sop #roomname add nickname or /cs access #roomname add nickname 10)

Did they do nickserv identify?

WyRD

(No subject)
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2006, 01:17:22 AM »

There on the sop list (i'm not using access levels) and yes there nicks are idetified to nickserv ( running a log channel to be sure of this as well as them telling me there identified), I have even  registed a nickname and than added it to the sop list and than switched back to the new reg'd nick (and identified to nickserver) and the !protect and !protect nickname  doesn't work.

Thanks for the replie lonewolf :)

lonewolf

(No subject)
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2006, 02:51:32 PM »

Not quit sure how unrealircd compiles on a windows box.

On a linux box you have a choice, use the prefix & ~ of just the normal + % @

is your unrealircd compiled/installed with the & ~ prefix?

WyRD

(No subject)
« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2006, 01:10:48 AM »

yea the windows installer version (win32 ver that is downloaed from http://www.unrealircd.com  by default is  set to use the & ~ prefix's and can't not be changed
the only way around that is to complie your own win32 version if you wanted to leave out the & ~ prefix's
(there is a site you can download the latest win32 vesion that was compiled without the & ~ perfix, go to the unreal irc server for more info regarding that, for thoses who might be intrested , there is no support  for it tho)
and peoples over there on the unreal irc server don't  provide any support for any sourced or modifed versions of unreal.
*cough I should just get off my arse and install *nix and and put unreal on that lol

WyRD

(No subject)
« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2006, 01:27:10 AM »

lol never reply to post while half asleep, anyways !op and !op nick work fine I can live with that one now that I’ve fixed my egg (windrop bot) from being a channel whore and deop'n everyone. Users that are sop's if they are not being automatically having +ao set when they join (usually because they identify to nickserv after they have joined ) can simply do a /hop and  chanserv (bot) will set them with an +ao (protected)

lonewolf

(No subject)
« Reply #6 on: March 25, 2006, 04:05:09 AM »

just as a site note...

Whenever a nick is opped on #channel, my bot deops them!
Run through the following possible causes:

a) If the nick is being opped by a special user that doesn't appear on the channel (e.g. ChanServ), you will need to make sure the allow-desync option is set to 1 in your bot's config file.
b) Check the channel's bitch settings. Type .chaninfo #channel in the bot's console to do this. If the channel is in +bitch mode, type .chanset #channel -bitch to switch it off. Bitch mode allows only +o users to receive op.
c) Check the channel's revenge settings. Type .chaninfo #channel to do this. If the channel is +revenge, type .chanset #channel -revenge to switch it off. Revenge can cause your bot to give someone the +d (deop) flag if they do something naughty (e.g. deop a bot).
d) Make sure the bot hasn't added the +d flag to the user. Type .whois <user> to check for this. If the +d flag is there, use .chattr <user> -d #channel to remove it. Users are often added with the +d flag if your bot is in revenge mode.

WyRD

(No subject)
« Reply #7 on: March 25, 2006, 04:42:53 AM »

Thank you lonewolf for the help ;)
the only option I haven’t checked yet for my bot is the revenge mode settings
I’ll look into that

WyRD

(No subject)
« Reply #8 on: March 25, 2006, 05:54:12 AM »

okkies well after  some more testing under a different registered nick  and getting a few other users that are SOP's on the same channel I have discovered that the !protect  
command works fine for +a their own current nick
(If that nick is registered as a sop for that particular channel that is hehe *mental note double check to ensure the user you are asking to help you test is already on the SOP list lol)
But the !protect other nick (e.g. !protect billybob)
still doesn’t seem to work, all in all that's a very minor  problem I am now having hehe, still although any feed back is good :r

ShelLuser

(No subject)
« Reply #9 on: March 25, 2006, 07:43:11 PM »

Does your logfile tell you anything about this ?

WyRD

(No subject)
« Reply #10 on: March 25, 2006, 11:11:31 PM »

Thanks for the reply ShelLuser :) , no there is not any references in the logfile to this minor problem with "!protect usernick"

WyRD

(No subject)
« Reply #11 on: March 26, 2006, 04:56:10 AM »

Well I’ve come to the conclusion that !protect other users (e.g. !protect billybob) is limited to channel founders and not really a bug, but *cough this is really is only a assumption lol

cezz

(No subject)
« Reply #12 on: April 26, 2006, 04:00:09 PM »

Your conclusion is right, SOP users can only protect themselfs and only Channel Owners +q flag can set !protect on another user...

This is to ensure that if someone gets +a mistakenly that they cant pass it on to others you dont wish to have it...
Pages: [1]   Go Up