Anope IRC Services

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: wildcard/regex support in dropping nicknames/channels  (Read 5906 times)

sapphire

wildcard/regex support in dropping nicknames/channels
« on: August 02, 2007, 09:10:51 PM »

I've seen a module around that can provide a wildcard'ish dropping command but i haven't been able to get it work :| This would help alot mainly with botnet attacks that target services registered 1,000+ of nicknames and channels :\ it would save alot of time for admins that have to search with /ns list and then drop them one by one, when most the nicknames are just: [nickname]_??? type of masks. ;)

katsklaw

(No subject)
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2007, 10:39:14 PM »

NSEmailMax will fix that, set it to a low number such as 1-3 this makes it so only N number of nicks can be registered to the same email address, there is also an older anope module called os_blacklistemail that will allow you to blacklist entire domains from registering nicks. In addition to that there is also another module called ns_dropbyemail that allows you to do exactly what the sane says .. drop by email address.

[Edited on 2-8-2007 by katsklaw]

SNU

• Anope User
    • http://www.firstclassirc.com
(No subject)
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2007, 09:02:46 PM »

Yeah just installed os_blacklistemail on my 1.7.19 and although being an old module stell seems to work well.

sapphire. maybe an alternative would be enabling sql, dumping the database there, delete the unwished nicknames (by script) and restart anope enabling "UseRDB"
maybe this will help a bit and for next time configure your anope more securely :D

katsklaw

(No subject)
« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2007, 09:45:47 PM »

Originally posted by SNU
Yeah just installed os_blacklistemail on my 1.7.19 and although being an old module stell seems to work well.

sapphire. maybe an alternative would be enabling sql, dumping the database there, delete the unwished nicknames (by script) and restart anope enabling "UseRDB"
maybe this will help a bit and for next time configure your anope more securely :D

using the module ns_dropbyemail is much safer, which is why I suggested it.

[Edited on 3-8-2007 by katsklaw]

Gabriel Acevedo

• Anope User
    • http://faltanideas.com/
(No subject)
« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2007, 09:10:01 AM »

I've accepted this request, and just wrote two modules.

Enjoy.

---------------------------------------
[size=-1]EDIT:[/size]
There is an old module I wrote years ago which could be useful in this cases:
I have no idea if it's still working with new versions of Anope.

[Edited on 26-8-2007 by DrStein]

katsklaw

(No subject)
« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2007, 12:13:19 PM »

moving to modules forum.
Pages: [1]   Go Up