Anope IRC Services

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Not saving new users correctly/at all  (Read 6140 times)

Mike

• Anope User
Not saving new users correctly/at all
« on: May 04, 2009, 07:23:02 AM »

I have noticed that when some of my chatters register their nick with NickServ it will tell them they are registered and to remember the password for later use an such, but when they leave an go to a different room they are no longer registered and have to do it again, i think something is wrong with its saving? any ideas here?

Naram Qashat

• Team
    • CBX's Sprite Animations
Re: Not saving new users correctly/at all
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2009, 07:31:08 AM »

I believe more information is required, as I'm not sure what you mean by "leave an go to a different room" for one thing, and I've not seen any issues with Anope 1.9.x not saving new users.

Mike

• Anope User
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2009, 04:34:38 AM »

ok what i mean by this is, if i were to..

/msg nickserv register pass email

it will tell me im registered, but if i leave the room/server and come back i'm no longer registered anymore, its like it forgot i registered or didnt save my registration lol.

LEthaLity

• Team
    • LEthaLity
« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2009, 04:43:15 AM »

I really dont see how leaving a channel could have that effect, can you replicate this, provide logs or something, is it only your nickname it's doing this with, or channels too, do you use mysql databases? thats for starters.

Mike

• Anope User
« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2009, 04:54:37 AM »

I do not use MySQL or anything right now, My chatters are just tellin me that if they register their name with nickserv, and they leave the server and come back right after registering, it will tell them they are not registered even though they did register, it hasnt happened to me, but since a few people have told me the same thing i thought i would come ask about it anyway?

zEkE

• Anope User
« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2009, 05:44:14 PM »

Check your logs, and confirm that they are indeed registering. You can then check if their accounts still exist using /ns info [nick].

If their accounts exist, it could just be they aren't identifying and are complaining about the lack of "using a registered nick" in their WHOIS, for example...
Pages: [1]   Go Up