Anope IRC Services

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Anope 1.8.7 problems.  (Read 15952 times)

Tristan

• Anope User
Anope 1.8.7 problems.
« on: September 20, 2012, 02:23:08 AM »

Hey everyone o/ new here been messing with anope and unrealircd together the past day, got all my services up (nickserv,chanserv,operserv..so on). Everything is smooth I just have a problem with the nicks. The problem is when I join up on my server everything is fine and it says for me to identify myself and that's fine but I got curious and checked to see if I could join a channel without identifying and I could. Is there anyway to enforce identification so that you HAVE to identify to join any channel? Any modules? Any help with this would be extremely appreciated!

Also just another problem I get Permission/Access denied errors when trying to do certain things like /os ADMIN ADD <nick>. Any guidance on that too?

Thanks!

Adam

• Team
Re: Anope 1.8.7 problems.
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2012, 02:25:34 AM »

Normally you are able to join channels when not identified. Many IRCds allow you to restrict channels to identified people only by using a channel mode such as +R.

Are you sure you are identified for a nick in the services root list and operd?

Tristan

• Anope User
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2012, 02:33:58 AM »

Normally you are able to join channels when not identified. Many IRCds allow you to restrict channels to identified people only by using a channel mode such as +R.

Are you sure you are identified for a nick in the services root list and operd?

Yeah I've done it before but I mean something like this

"This nickname is registered. Please choose a different nickname, or identify via /msg NickServ identify <password>.
You have 30 seconds to identify to your nickname before it is changed."

I want it to force you to either identify or your name gets changed. I'm on ubuntu's irc server as a test and when I try to make my for instance Tristan it says that name is already in use but on mine I can switch between any name. Just want nicks locked down.

In my anope I'm in as root and also operd.

Adam

• Team
« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2012, 02:36:39 AM »

/ns set kill. Look for NSDefKill in the configuration

If you were root and opered you wouldn't be given access denied messages.

katsklaw

• Supporter
  • Anope User
« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2012, 02:55:55 AM »

Ns kill will not force a nick change if you are from a host listed in /ns access list. There is a config setting that doesnt add hosts to nickservs access list by default.

Tristan

• Anope User
« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2012, 03:42:47 AM »

Hey guys thanks for the replies!

I set uncommented NSDefKill in services earlier and tried /ns set kill still resulted in the same thing (tried again just now).

I get this     *Tristan@*.ks.ks.cox.net from access list. Not sure why its puttying a * as my ip, unless its supposed to be that way. Honestly it could just be something misconfigured and me over looking something.

katsklaw

• Supporter
  • Anope User
« Reply #6 on: September 20, 2012, 06:06:39 AM »

Thats intentional. All nicks already registered will not be affected by your changes.

Tristan

• Anope User
« Reply #7 on: September 21, 2012, 06:20:05 AM »

Thats intentional. All nicks already registered will not be affected by your changes.

I understand that. I just want it so if the name is registered it can't join any channel until identified by the owner of the nick but if the nick isn't registered then they can do whatever.

katsklaw

• Supporter
  • Anope User
« Reply #8 on: September 21, 2012, 07:41:05 AM »

I understand that. I just want it so if the name is registered it can't join any channel until identified by the owner of the nick but if the nick isn't registered then they can do whatever.

This is not possible without a bunch of custom coding. The reason is Anope cannot *prevent* users from joining channels, it can only *react*. The IRCd local to the user is the *only* thing that can prevent the user from joining channels and IRCds have no clue what a "registered nick" is. You can prevent unregistered *and* unidentified users from joining channels but you cannot allow unregistered users but not unidentified users because to the IRCd they are the exact same thing. Nick registration is a Services only thing and join prevention is an IRCd only thing. Please remember that even though the ircd can offer support to services via user and channel modes, they are still 2 separate things. Chanmode +R will keep all unidentified users out so it can be used to prevent registered users from joining until they have identified, but then no unregistered users will be allow in the channel at all.

Also, "I want it to force you to either identify or your name gets changed" is a completely different thing all together so you have 2 requests. This request can be done, the one about allowing unregistered users to do whatever while forcing unidentified users to identify before join is not possible (see above).
« Last Edit: September 21, 2012, 07:46:03 AM by katsklaw »

chris

• Anope User
« Reply #9 on: September 21, 2012, 07:55:41 AM »

A couple of things you could try (I speak only for UnrealIRCd):

Set the channel mode +R (this way, only people who have identified can join) (via /mode or /cs set mlock)

Look for the UnrealIRCd module "m_restrictedjoin" by a guy named "stealth" - unregistered users cannot "create" (join empty) channels

Look for the anope module cs_setmodeunreg (by this katsklaw fellow) and change the modes to +R (this way, ALL channels, unregistered or not, are set +R)

All of these modules will address the issue of the "server-side" implementation of the features you wish to achieve.

katsklaw

• Supporter
  • Anope User
« Reply #10 on: September 21, 2012, 12:08:11 PM »

A couple of things you could try (I speak only for UnrealIRCd):

Set the channel mode +R (this way, only people who have identified can join) (via /mode or /cs set mlock)

Look for the UnrealIRCd module "m_restrictedjoin" by a guy named "stealth" - unregistered users cannot "create" (join empty) channels

Look for the anope module cs_setmodeunreg (by this katsklaw fellow) and change the modes to +R (this way, ALL channels, unregistered or not, are set +R)

All of these modules will address the issue of the "server-side" implementation of the features you wish to achieve.

Except he doesn't want to restrict unregistered users, only unidentified ones and that's the impossible part.

chris

• Anope User
« Reply #11 on: September 21, 2012, 06:45:12 PM »

OH.. he wants another check added.. one has to wonder the practicality of that?

Tristan

• Anope User
« Reply #12 on: September 21, 2012, 08:08:02 PM »

Cheers guy I'll be using your suggestions which will hopefully work :D.

After that all I have is Permissions/Access denied when trying to use certain things like /operserv and other things.

chris

• Anope User
« Reply #13 on: September 21, 2012, 10:13:06 PM »

explain the 'access denied' situation, make sure you are very specific.

Tristan

• Anope User
« Reply #14 on: September 22, 2012, 06:11:16 AM »

For the restrictedjoin I'm guessing I put it into my anope/src/modules/? Then make modules and what not?

About the access denied part when I try to do anything super admin it'll say access denied over and over not sure how to sort it out.

chris

• Anope User
« Reply #15 on: September 22, 2012, 06:14:21 AM »

the m_restrictedjoin is an *ircd* module so you put it in Unreal3.2/src/modules then you do "make custommodule MODULEFILE=m_restrictedjoin" in ~/Unreal3.2 and you put " loadmodule "src/modules/m_restrictedjoin.so"; " in your unrealircd.conf and then /rehash your server.

For the Access Denied problem, you must be a Services Root and you would then use /operserv set superadmin on

And this should solve your access denied issue.

Tristan

• Anope User
« Reply #16 on: September 22, 2012, 06:32:04 AM »

the m_restrictedjoin is an *ircd* module so you put it in Unreal3.2/src/modules then you do "make custommodule MODULEFILE=m_restrictedjoin" in ~/Unreal3.2 and you put " loadmodule "src/modules/m_restrictedjoin.so"; " in your unrealircd.conf and then /rehash your server.

For the Access Denied problem, you must be a Services Root and you would then use /operserv set superadmin on

And this should solve your access denied issue.

Thank you so very much man! Sorted out all of my problems. Just hammered out the access denied issue in my services.conf :). Now listed as root and admin.

Also just want to say thanks to everyone else who helped and dealt with my noobiness with all this but you gotta start from some where.

cheers.

katsklaw

• Supporter
  • Anope User
« Reply #17 on: September 22, 2012, 05:08:59 PM »

You dont need to be on both root and admin lists.
Pages: [1]   Go Up