Anope IRC Services

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: identify as an other nick  (Read 4219 times)

Matthijs

• Anope User
identify as an other nick
« on: June 23, 2009, 09:07:44 PM »

Hi,

I have set the INMED nick change option for my nick. But if i am on an other pc i want to use my nick but it changes my nick before i can identify.
is it possible to do "/nickserv identify my-nick password" so i can identify to my nick being an other nick?

MeiR

• Anope User
Re: identify as an other nick
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2009, 09:55:44 PM »

Simple. Add your current nick to the registered's group, u'll get the +r and then add your host to the allowed list [and set whatever else u want].

Naram Qashat

• Team
    • CBX's Sprite Animations
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2009, 10:16:49 PM »

Personally, that's not an ideal solution, since it adds an extra nick to the databases just for the purpose of getting around the issue.  It is a solution for 1.8.x, just not a good one.  To answer the poster's question, Anope currently does not have a form of remote identification.  This might be added to 1.9.x eventually, though.

MeiR

• Anope User
« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2009, 10:30:37 PM »

U'r right.
Though, he can only do this temporary in order to get nick access, then he can drop the new grouped nick after he adds his host [or turns off immed].

Matthijs

• Anope User
« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2009, 09:38:34 PM »

ok, let hope, i want this because:

i'm running my own irc (with anope ofcource). And there are cases of people trying to use my nick. So i set the kill option to INMED. However i still want to be able to login to my nick on an other (public?) pc. With the INMED option that's impossible :(

MeiR

• Anope User
« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2009, 11:16:18 PM »

Matthijs, please read again my reply.
I suggested you a way: Be on some nick, then do "/ns group your_reg_nick PASS", and then you will have all the permissions you need. That way u'll be able to switch to the original nick, or to add the host via "/ns access add *id*@host* ", if it's another pc you use often. You can drop the new grouped nick after use.

bottom line: grouping to the registered nick will give you umode +r, and will actually identify you to it.
Pages: [1]   Go Up